(Original post by zaaks786)
i think this might be interesting as alot of ppl always tlk about wat a wife must do for her husband. ...here is the other side(wat a muslim man shud do for his wife
The Prophet (saw) said: “The best of you is the one who is best to his wives,
and I am the best of you toward my wives.”
He (pbuh) also said: ‘No one is genuine towards women except the generous
man and no one humiliates them except the one who is very rude.”
The duties of the husband towards his wife:
1. Offering a beautiful reception when entering the home, like starting
with the Islamic greeting ‘assalamu alykum’ with a cheerful smile,
shaking her hand and hugging her.
2. Using sweet and enchanting speech with her ... making sure to take
care of her and making her feel special. Make your speech clear (repeat
yourself if necessary) and call her with the best of names she likes; my
honey, my darling etc.
3. Despite your workload, create time for friendliness and recreation ... it
was the practice of the prophet (pbuh) to befriend and spend time
together with his wives, despite his workload and huge responsibilities.
4. Play games and distractions with each other ... the hadith of the
prophet (pbuh) states: “All things in which there is no mention of Allah are
frivolity, absent-mindedness, and idle play except for four things: A man being
playful with his wife, training his horse, walking between two purposeful goals,
and teaching another to swim.”
5. Assistance in the household ... to participate and help your wife with
the household duties, like buying food, preparing food, cleaning and
6 organizing the house, etc. This brings happiness to the wife and
strengthens your love and relations together.
6. Consult her ... the opinion of Umm Salamah during Sulah Al-
Hudaybiyah is a well-known event. It was the method of the prophet
(pbuh) to consult with his wives and friends.
7. Accompany the wife along whilst visiting relatives, friends, and people
8. The manners of travel and leaving the wife behind ... if you can’t take
her with you, offer her a warm farewell ... leave her with sufficient means
and money. Ask trustworthy individuals to look after the needs of your
family in your absence ... ask her to pray for you ... be in touch with her
often ... minimize your travel to what is necessary and bring her a gift
when you return. Try not to return at night or at an unexpected time.
9. Financial support ... be generous in your household spending (within
financial capabilities). Good financial support (not wasteful) tends to
10. Good smelling and beautification ... Allah (swt) is Beautiful and He
loves beauty and cleanliness. Always be clean, neat and adorn perfume.
Ibn Abbas (ra) said: ‘I love to beautify myself for my wife as much as I love her
to beautify herself for me.’
11. Intercourse ... it is the duty of the husband to suffice his wife with her
emotional and sexual needs and desires... perhaps once every time the
wife is pure but be considerate of her physical and physiological health.
12. Genuine care ... the Muslim husband should be very caring and
sentimental towards his wife. The wife goes through various
physiological and psychological changes ... she is in need of a cheerful
smile and genuine care to wipe away her pain and her low feelings.
13. Guarding the privacy of marriage ... it was narrated in the hadith of
Abu Sa’eed Al-Khudry that the prophet (pbuh) said: “Verily among the
worst of people in status before Allah on the day of Resurrection is the man who
goes to his wife and she comes to him for sex, and then he divulges her secrets (of
14. Working together in the obedience of Allah: pray collectively together
and engage yourselves in activities of worship, like offering generous
donations, ‘dhikr’ (remembrance of Allah), and praying at night ‘qiyamul-
layl.’ The prophet (pbuh) says: “May the mercy of Allah be upon a man
who wakes up at night to pray and wakes his wife up to pray with him, and if she
refuses he splashes water into her face.”
15. Show respect to your wife’s family and her friends.
16. Educate your wife about Islam and offer her your advice.
17. Admirable jealousy.
18. Patience and softness with the wife ... control your anger and always
give her the benefit of the doubt, and advise her whenever she does
19. Forgiveness and appropriate criticism where applicable.
20. To be a genuine Muslim husband and to apply all of which you have
read and understood with wisdom.
and this is just light reading...no need to come back with an argument against it....