The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL - Biological Sciences Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
thank you so much, Freyr!! (i wasn't expecting so much detail, but thanks for taking the time..really helpful:smile:)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Genes to Organisms coursework consists an essay and compulsory graded tutorials, Evo Devo there are 3/4 labs with a write up for each one... the first one is a trip to London Zoo :biggrin: In later years it depends on the courses you take, if the course has a lab element, usually you have to do a write up... they also generally have some form of essay/worksheets that are marked and count towards final grade.
Can I ask those that have had replies for C900 Biological Sciences - how did you get your interview/offer/rejection?

Do you get a letter before any e-mail contact or track update? I ask this because my school e-mail is down, and has been for some time. For UCL, should I be keeping an eye on the letterbox rather than track?

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 63
thekeythingis
Can I ask those that have had replies for C900 Biological Sciences - how did you get your interview/offer/rejection?

Do you get a letter before any e-mail contact or track update? I ask this because my school e-mail is down, and has been for some time. For UCL, should I be keeping an eye on the letterbox rather than track?

well i'm an international applicant so i dont know if any of this applies to you but here i go anyway :rolleyes: :
1. i didnt get an interview (tho i would expect most british student to get one)
2. i heard through ucas
3. then 2 letters

while it would be good to look out for the post, i would expect an interview invite would come in the form of an email

best wishes
thekeythingis

For the interview I got an e-mail. I then got two letters, after the interview, and a notification from track for my offer.
Hey! im an international Student.

I got my offer from UCL yesterday for Biological Sciences, however my parents may not be able to afford it :frown: i just wanted to know how Uni of Edinburgh compares to UCL?

Thank youu
Reply 66
Qurat al-ain Abbas
Hey! im an international Student.

I got my offer from UCL yesterday for Biological Sciences, however my parents may not be able to afford it :frown: i just wanted to know how Uni of Edinburgh compares to UCL?

Thank youu

hmmm isn't the tuition fees for edinburgh roughly the same as UCL? (edinbrugh is £14500 and UCL is 15,460)
Then again, i guess living in london is more expensive too...

Edinbrugh is still quite a good uni, not as good as UCL of course...
Reply 67
ffs stay in your own country and study ffs man, if you cant afford it then stay there, stop taking away a place for us folk who live and pay taxes here.
logic123
ffs stay in your own country and study ffs man, if you cant afford it then stay there, stop taking away a place for us folk who live and pay taxes here.

Although the numbers of places for internationals is set, so its not like they are taking our UK places :no:
Freyr
hmmm isn't the tuition fees for edinburgh roughly the same as UCL? (edinbrugh is £14500 and UCL is 15,460)
Then again, i guess living in london is more expensive too...

Edinbrugh is still quite a good uni, not as good as UCL of course...

No UCL for 2010/11 year is 16,750pouds plus living costs are high. ah.lol. but thankss anyways :smile:
logic123

As stated above, the international places are fixed, so im not taking any places for people living in England. So just calm the hell down!
Qurat al-ain Abbas
As stated above, the international places are fixed, so im not taking any places for people living in England. So just calm the hell down!

Can I ask what your grades were when you applied and what you were predicted, plus what was your offer? Congrats aswell, are you concidering taking it up?

JJ
Nemezys
I've applied for Biological Sciences MSci! =D

Very excited, I'm desperately waiting on a reply. I'm still torn between UCL and Bangor to be honest and the day of the interview, including the tour and a chance to see the place in person will probably decide it for me.

My only problem with UCL at the moment is that in their prospectus and even their specific Department booklets, they aren't specific enough to the point that I know all the exact modules available to me. Oh well, I'm still eager to go =)
They're easy enough to find, though I guess when I was looking for ibsc stuff I had access to the "current students" section.
Qurat al-ain Abbas
international students subsidise national ones anyway. If anything you're creating space for nationals!
JumpingJonny
Can I ask what your grades were when you applied and what you were predicted, plus what was your offer? Congrats aswell, are you concidering taking it up?

JJ

Hey! well im doing IB so i applied with my predicted only, which were:
Bio HL : 6
Chem HL: 6
History HL: 7
Math SL: 7
Arabic SL: 6
English SL:6
Extended Essay: B
TOK: B

My offer was 36 points Chem and Bio: 6 and History: 5. Im actually considering it, i might put it as my firm. Hope my parents agree :smile:

How abt youu? offer? or anxiously waiting?
Reply 75
logic123

You're a dick.
Reply 76
God this thread died...

I'll see if I can get it going again.

I've been called for an interview on Wednesday 24th Feb!! :biggrin: Very happy, I can finally see the place first hand and hopefully, finger's crossed, receive an offer in the not too distant future.

Anyone else had interviews yet or is anyone else going to the same one I'm attending? :smile:
Reply 77
Nemezys
God this thread died...

I'll see if I can get it going again.

I've been called for an interview on Wednesday 24th Feb!! :biggrin: Very happy, I can finally see the place first hand and hopefully, finger's crossed, receive an offer in the not too distant future.

Anyone else had interviews yet or is anyone else going to the same one I'm attending? :smile:

well if you got an interview, then you prob wil let an offer. From past ucas days everyone was told that they would be given offers
Freyr
well if you got an interview, then you prob wil let an offer. From past ucas days everyone was told that they would be given offers

Not strictly true at the moment, UCL applications have increased significantly this year and this has been mirrored in Biological Sciences... You shouldn't assume because you've been given an interview you will receive an offer... the general impression I received from staff!
I still haven't heard anything. No news is good news I suppose. Is it inadvisable to enquire about the status of our applications? It has been nearly 4 months since I've heard anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending