The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL - Biological Sciences Applicants!

Hi

i thought it might be nice if all of the UCL biology applicants could gather in one place

...and maybe post when they hear any news from UCL!!!!

at least for people like me... like i'm soo curious when UCL starts asking for more documents, or interview, or offers, etc. and when i can expect something (i obsessivley check my email atm lol)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i know you've seen these already, but for the benefit of others who haven't seen the dates yet

interview dates:
25th November
16th December
13th January
27th January
3rd February
10th February
17th February
24th February
10th March
17th March

so if you live in the uk, you can be sure to hear before then.
I'm gonna be one of the students showing you applicants around!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
im applying for biomed =)
i hope no one else is :smile:, cos i want to get in!!!
Reply 3
iv applied to ucl for biology, but i havent heard from them yet tho
Reply 4
disisme
im applying for biomed =)
i hope no one else is :smile:, cos i want to get in!!!

I am have applied to biomed too. :p:
Reply 5
srk_stud
I am have applied to biomed too. :p:

noooooooooooo. whyyyy??
lool, have u sent of ur UCAS yet? i havent =s
Reply 6
Oh I miss typed. I have applied already .I sent my application few days ago. :smile:
Reply 7
srk_stud
Oh I miss typed. I have applied already .I sent my application few days ago. :smile:

ooo good luck!!
i see your pakistani =), so am i =)
Reply 8
disisme
ooo good luck!!
i see your pakistani =), so am i =)

Thank you. Good luck to you too. :smile: I thought that I would be the only pakistani applying to this course .he he.
So you live in Pakistan? What other universities are you thinking to apply to?
Reply 9
I've applied for Biological Sciences MSci! =D

Very excited, I'm desperately waiting on a reply. I'm still torn between UCL and Bangor to be honest and the day of the interview, including the tour and a chance to see the place in person will probably decide it for me.

My only problem with UCL at the moment is that in their prospectus and even their specific Department booklets, they aren't specific enough to the point that I know all the exact modules available to me. Oh well, I'm still eager to go =)
Reply 10
Good luck folks :biggrin:
Reply 11
Nemezys
I've applied for Biological Sciences MSci! =D

Very excited, I'm desperately waiting on a reply. I'm still torn between UCL and Bangor to be honest and the day of the interview, including the tour and a chance to see the place in person will probably decide it for me.

My only problem with UCL at the moment is that in their prospectus and even their specific Department booklets, they aren't specific enough to the point that I know all the exact modules available to me. Oh well, I'm still eager to go =)

Do you think it is easy to switch from BSc to MSci if I ask them immediately after i've been accepted (if i am...)??

why did u choose Msci over BSc (if you dont mind me asking:biggrin:)
I'm applying. Good luck everyone :smile:
Selenaa
Do you think it is easy to switch from BSc to MSci if I ask them immediately after i've been accepted (if i am...)??

It wont be a problem, you wont have to technically decide until the end of your 2nd year!
Reply 14
Selenaa

From what I've heard from unis, they find it an easier process if you apply to a MSci but decide to cash in your BSc rather than applying for the BSc and deciding to stay on to a MSci - it's just a more fluid exchange it would seem. So yeah, it's definitely worth trying to change it whilst you can.

Right well, I've gone for a masters for a fair few reasons. Aside from the benefit of doing a cool individual research project, I feel a MSci gives me greater opportunities and employment prospects when I graduate when compared to a Bachelors.

Although I'm not 100% sure what I would like to do after uni (whether I'll still seek a career within Biological Science or whether I'll change my mind), at the moment I'm confident that I'll stay within work directly related to the science and research is definitely an option that I would like to have. To work in research in Biological Sciences, a masters is nearly always required as a minimum.

The idea of doing research for the Natural History Museum has definetely appealed to me.

So, I guess that's why I chose a Masters instead :smile:
got an interview for biochem/tech 16 december
Reply 16
I'm applying :smile:
I am applying for Biomedical Sciences, I absouloutly love UCL, its a shame I dont stand a chance, well it has been 2 weeks and they havent rejected me yet :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Freyr
i know you've seen these already, but for the benefit of others who haven't seen the dates yet

interview dates:
25th November
16th December
13th January
27th January
3rd February
10th February
17th February
24th February
10th March
17th March

so if you live in the uk, you can be sure to hear before then.
I'm gonna be one of the students showing you applicants around!

i'm an international student so they obviously havent emailed me an invite to interview. however, i'm going to be in London on December 16th... should i email them letting them know that if they wish, i could come to interview on Dec 16.. or is that being very presumptious/forward/direct/pushy...

should i just let them make a decision without interview?

thoughts plz:smile:
Reply 19
Hmmmmm not sure....
If it was me though, i wouldn't tell them though. Loads of international students get offers and they don't have interviews, in fact, the interview isn't even much of an interview! its mainly a casual chat and a chance for you to see the university and the department/facilities

Quick Reply