The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Alexandra1234567
For applications from the UK and EU, most of our offers will not be made until after the UCAS deadline, 15th January. This is because we are committed to considering equally all applications eligible for funding from the British government.

Guys this was from my acknowledgement last year, I pasted it to make you all stay calm :biggrin:.

I got something very similar this year on 13/10 in the acknowledgment:

"I just wanted to tell you that the University of St Andrews does not usually send out decisions until after the UCAS application deadline of 15th January when all our applications have been received. Our Admissions Officers read each application extremely carefully which is a time-consuming process. Therefore you can expect to receive a decision from us sometime between 15th January and the UCAS deadline of 31st March 2010."

I don't know whether I will be able to wait that long!! :frown:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
rachxl
I got something very similar this year on 13/10 in the acknowledgment:

"I just wanted to tell you that the University of St Andrews does not usually send out decisions until after the UCAS application deadline of 15th January when all our applications have been received. Our Admissions Officers read each application extremely carefully which is a time-consuming process. Therefore you can expect to receive a decision from us sometime between 15th January and the UCAS deadline of 31st March 2010."

I don't know whether I will be able to wait that long!! :frown:

If you really like it you're going to have to :tongue:.

Last year I was one of the first people to get an English offer, 'early' which was February 14th....

We all have a long wait ahead.
Reply 22
Bax-man
I've gone for International Relations-Economics.

Yeah high five, thats the best course :smile: Maybe we will be classmates :smile:
Alexandra1234567
Hiii sexy :loveduck:.

Huhu Ms Sexy :smile: I feel so nostalgic now that the new application circle has started:smile:
I hope you will all be in luck and get your offer very soon.
I will relaxe and enjoy your panic.
UCAS addiction is very hard I can tell you, when you have to check track every five minutes to realize there is still no new offer :biggrin:
French and Spanish :smile:

Hello!
I have not been acknowledged yet either. UCAS sent 7th October.
Reply 24
annab1684
French and Spanish :smile:

Hello!
I have not been acknowledged yet either. UCAS sent 7th October.

Yay!!!
Reply 25
rachxl
:biggrin: which one don't we match on? I love of all of them, but I'd say St Andrews was my top choice after cambridge at the moment.

Warwick - I'm going for Edinburgh instead. I did like Warwick, though. I've got a couple of friends there and went on an open day and stuff, but I was put off by the whole languages thing. Oh, I'm applying for History btw. :smile:
Reply 26
Chemistry <3
Dayxn2
Yay!!!

here's to hoping we both get in! :biggrin:
Reply 28
Another Maths applicant. I don't think I can wait until March for a decision, I want to have them all today!!
Physics!! I seem to have managed to apply to unis which are all slow and labourious when making decisions, so I have a lot of waiting to do (although if the waiting involves offers at the end, I won't be complaining)
I've applied to do Psychology and Philosophy..
Went to visit St Andrews in the summer, absolutely *loved* it!!
Wish they'd respond sooner than after Jan15th though :frown:
but... I have received an acknowledgement!! :smile:
applied to study management and economics in the faculty of science.
it is so annoying that they won't let us know anything before the 15th January. the wait will kill me :s-smilie:
good luck to everybody! :biggrin:
Reply 32
Going to be applying for an MPhys in Physics. Not sure if that'll just be straight physics or theoretical physics though :biggrin:
Reply 33
Im applying for French and Spanish WIYA :biggrin:
Have applied to St Andrews for management this year :biggrin: I would love to go, but the lack of integrated work experience is a big disadvantage for me. Ahwell, got to worry about actually getting an offer first! :p:
Geography.... keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!! (gd luck to u other geographers)
Reply 36
fg08
Yeah high five, thats the best course :smile: Maybe we will be classmates :smile:

I fear, however, the chances of an offer are slim based on my somewhat shoddy personal statement but I live in hope.
Reply 37
Good Luck applicants :biggrin:
Reply 38
Maths and Physics
Maths and Theoretical Physics

The place is just so me, the uni is great, unlike alot of upper universities the people there seem friendly and not totally up themselves, courses look great. And its soooo far away from home :biggrin:
Economics (Science), still haven't got my acknowledgment yet!

Latest

Trending

Trending