The Student Room Group

How can I give my essay a political slant to it? :)

Hi

I want to give my essay"

"How accurate is it to describe William Pitt’s governments in the period 1783-1793 as undertaking a National Revival in finance, administration and trade?"

a left wing edge..to see what the teacher says. How can I do this/is it possible with this essay?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
matt_copas
Hi

I want to give my essay"

"How accurate is it to describe William Pitt’s governments in the period 1783-1793 as undertaking a National Revival in finance, administration and trade?"

a left wing edge..to see what the teacher says. How can I do this/is it possible with this essay?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure I'd undertake an essay with a left wing edge just to see how your teacher reacts, but look at historiography on the issue. See if Eric Hobsbawm wrote anything relevant--he's good for a lefty slant on this period.
Reply 2
jjarvis
I'm not sure I'd undertake an essay with a left wing edge just to see how your teacher reacts, but look at historiography on the issue. See if Eric Hobsbawm wrote anything relevant--he's good for a lefty slant on this period.

Cheers
Reply 3
matt_copas
Hi

I want to give my essay"

Thanks in advance

Well Pitt was a Tory, or an 'Independent' Whig, so just be generally scathing about anything he does.
Reply 4
Craig_D
Well Pitt was a Tory, or an 'Independent' Whig, so just be generally scathing about anything he does.

Arguably he was for the working man...by reducing sinecures and making them work for money...he also gave more taxes to the wealthy and less to the poor, making the poor slightly better off...so I dont think he's really like Cameron :P

Sorry if I missed the point.

Latest

Trending

Trending