Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Southampton BM6 Applicants 2010 Entry

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Have you recieved anything back after an interview?
    Further consideration letter
    65.38%
    Rejection
    34.62%

• 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was just wondering what kind of grades people have applied to the course with and whether they've got a postcard from the uni yet ?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I havent got a postcard yet.

I'm a reapplicant (doing 1 year A levels), and have not got my predicted grades written on my reference section. But I hope my referee will send Soton another reference detailing my predicted grades.

I heard that last year, a lot of BM6 applicants have been predicted A's and B's.

I was wondering when does soton BM6 interview? And how many people they invite for interview? How many people applied for BM6 this year.... Hmm.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im wondering the same myself to be honest. I rang and asked them if I had the required grades for normal entry (which I don't) if I could still apply, and they told me its wouldn't be worth applying then. I think the interviews are around January, but havnt got a clue when we find out whether we have one or not.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyperbole08)
    Im wondering the same myself to be honest. I rang and asked them if I had the required grades for normal entry (which I don't) if I could still apply, and they told me its wouldn't be worth applying then. I think the interviews are around January, but havnt got a clue when we find out whether we have one or not.
    I am in fact applying for the BM6 course and have predicted grades AAB. I personally really like the sound of the course and I emailed them about applying with AAB and they said it is fine too. I know a lot of people will disagree with me for applying but personally I think the course would be really good for me.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good... I actually applied with predictions AABB and was really unsure whether I should or shouldnt apply.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd just pop in and say hi :hello:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good... I actually applied with predictions AABB and was really unsure whether I should or shouldnt apply.
    so you are applying with AABB? what are your subjects? xx
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Biology , Chemistry , Maths and ICT But the thing is I didnt actually get those grades I got quite a bit wors to be honest. What are your subjects ? xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Biology , Chemistry , Maths and ICT But the thing is I didnt actually get those grades I got quite a bit wors to be honest. What are your subjects ? xxx
    oh so you are carrying on with 4? I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths.
    xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i applied for this course my predicted grades are 3 Distinctions and got the postcard on saturday : )
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Thought I'd just pop in and say hi
    heya, hows the course going?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope... I did the ICT in a year so Im doing 3 this year, which is good... as I have 10 more hours free per week at college , where have you applied? xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope... I did the ICT in a year so Im doing 3 this year, which is good... as I have 10 more hours free per week at college , where have you applied? xxx
    Liverpool, leicester and UEA, you?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham , Southampton, UCL and Penninsula x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indie_couture)
    heya, hows the course going?
    It's really good thanks How'd your PS end up? Did you get the email I sent you with it attached?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    It's really good thanks How'd your PS end up? Did you get the email I sent you with it attached?
    good. Yeh i think so, thankyou!
    yep all sent now so just waiting now!!
    xxx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indie_couture)
    good. Yeh i think so, thankyou!
    yep all sent now so just waiting now!!
    xxx
    Good stuff Good luck anyway, it's just playing the waiting game now :p:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to both Kings and Soton for the 5 year MBBS course, seeing as i satisfy all the criteria for the extended medical degree programmes, will they automatically consider me for these programs? should i get rejected from the 5yr Courses?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolk_Enchance)
    I've applied to both Kings and Soton for the 5 year MBBS course, seeing as i satisfy all the criteria for the extended medical degree programmes, will they automatically consider me for these programs? should i get rejected from the 5yr Courses?
    No they won't.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolk_Enchance)
    why would you?
    what are you predicted?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2010
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.