The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
infernalcradle
hey, been stalking this thread for a while now

congrats to all those who got offers btw

is there anything in particular that they like to see for the BM6..any things that they like *cough cough*....do they take UKCAT into consideration/school attending etc.
do they interview based on "rankings" or is it random??

sorry for all these rookie questions, I just really really want to get into this course as I love soton...

ps. I also have an army scholarship...I know that soton are very involved in army-ish things...so how.."receptive?" would they be to it...as I am sort of hoping to have that as the main feather in my cap...but if they don't give a crap about it....meh...or would they really really like it.

Sorry for the rant and retarded questions....

It is a ranking based system, 30 marks, 15 for Personal Statement, 15 based on interview, top 30-45 get offers, out of around 650.
I dont know how much they will dig the army thing because your applying for medicine, a career defined as the maintenance of health care and disease prevention, whereas anything got to do with the army is dealing for the opposite purpose, i would say write it down on your personal statement but dont bring it up too much in the interview, however i suggest talking to your careers adviser about it, tbh i didnt find it hard getting in at all, i wrote a very good personal statment, but i also performed very well at interview, just make sure your confident and look like your doctor material.
najeezy
It is a ranking based system, 30 marks, 15 for Personal Statement, 15 based on interview, top 30-45 get offers, out of around 650.
I dont know how much they will dig the army thing because your applying for medicine, a career defined as the maintenance of health care and disease prevention, whereas anything got to do with the army is dealing for the opposite purpose, i would say write it down on your personal statement but dont bring it up too much in the interview, however i suggest talking to your careers adviser about it, tbh i didnt find it hard getting in at all, i wrote a very good personal statment, but i also performed very well at interview, just make sure your confident and look like your doctor material.

thanks a lot...so I assume ukcat is not taken into account?

also, could you PM me your PS, I need some inspiration and also to see the sort of stuff that a succesful applicant had in it...if you don't mind obviously :biggrin:
Reply 442
infernalcradle
thanks a lot...so I assume ukcat is not taken into account?

also, could you PM me your PS, I need some inspiration and also to see the sort of stuff that a succesful applicant had in it...if you don't mind obviously :biggrin:

i will when i get home and no probs.
najeezy
i will when i get home and no probs.

Thanks a lot :biggrin:

You are officially my favourite person of the week :eek3:
Hey,

I agree with najeezy. Mention your army stuff but balance it out with other work experience and extra curricular activity. Make your personal statement REALLY GOOD! Easier said than done, I know! Tbh I would strongly advise you against reading other peoples personal statements. Make it orginal - i.e representative of you. Tell the truth and avoid cliches as they just not authentic.

Southampton is about the 'it' factor and the person applying. There is no hard or fast rule. Good luck :smile:
Reply 445
Guys how did your examz went wel?????i might miss the offer by getting CCD and feeling so depressed tht how could it happened???????just seems lik world is coming to an end for me and cant even sleep :=((((((((((((
Hey tina, well my exams are still on going, got biology and chemistry still to go. I appreciate what your going through as I keep going over all my exams praying i have done enough to meet CCC. You cant keep torturing yourself now though (yeah i know its easier said than done!) If you did your best then thats all that matters. Try and enjoy your summer, and relax as its all out of your hands and await results. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :smile:
Reply 447
Now after biology exam i might get CDD??????i m shamed of myself

Latest

Trending

Trending