The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fire2burn
Blah blah blah

Nice scaremongoring bro
None of that strikes me as shocking. Of course a project to stop extremism is going to be trying to look at people's political views. All the information referred to is fairly basic information that isn't particularly confidential. It doesn't seem to be at all disproportionate to the risk - remember that Muslims - admittedly a tiny minority of extremists but that doesn't change anything - have attempted to blow up UK airplanes and successfully blew up a tube train in recent years.

When the article has to resort to ridiculous examples like these, you know its lacking substance:
Media Student
In the Midlands, funding for a mental health project to help Muslims was linked to information about individuals being passed to the authorities.

No ****? How are doctors supposed to help people with mental health issues if they don't have access to information about them?

Media Student
In a college in northern England, a student who attended a meeting about Gaza was reported by one lecturer as a potential extremist. He was found not to be.

A student was reported as an extremist by a lecturer and was found not to be. so?
Reply 42
These types of agencies need a major clear-cut enemy.

The Russians are no longer that enemy.
Reply 43
money well spent imo
UGeNe
These types of agencies need a major clear-cut enemy.

The Russians are no longer that enemy.

Yep, after the soviets vanished, they had to make another enemy, otherwise they will close down and lose their jobs
No wonder they need to take half my paycheck as tax, such is the costliness of our harmonious multi-religious society.
stewart91
money well spent imo

spending millions of pounds spying on innocent people, goes to show how much money we have to spend
Media student
Yep, after the soviets vanished, they had to make another enemy, otherwise they will close down and lose their jobs

Yeah probably. Undoubtedly there are serious social problems in Britain, but it could all be solved with a few home truths.
Reply 48
i thought it would cost more than 140M to spy on every muslim in the uk
indigoblue
No wonder they need to take half my paycheck as tax, such is the costliness of our harmonious multi-religious society.

we didnt have to, until we decided to follow the americans into this 'war on terror' ********, you know why?

Tony Blair viewed his decision to go to war in Iraq and Kosovo as part of a "Christian battle", according to one of his closest political allies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/5373525/Tony-Blair-believed-God-wanted-him-to-go-to-war-to-fight-evil-claims-his-mentor.html

and here Bush admits the war on terror is crusade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br_70Kbdpow
Reply 50
Jack Evans
If they have nothing to hide, what exactly is the problem?

Idiot, I still wouldn't like to be spied on.
maljebo
i thought it would cost more than 140M to spy on every muslim in the uk

They spy on every1 mate, this 140m is just part of one programme, there are other programmes costing much more
Reply 52
Wouldn't it be a lot more cost-efficient to round up all these Muslims in one place and surround said place with walls and barbed wire?

You can still watch all of them, just you don't have to spread yourself thin and spend so much money doing it.
Media student
we didnt have to, until we decided to follow the americans into this 'war on terror' ********, you know why?

Tony Blair viewed his decision to go to war in Iraq and Kosovo as part of a "Christian battle", according to one of his closest political allies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/5373525/Tony-Blair-believed-God-wanted-him-to-go-to-war-to-fight-evil-claims-his-mentor.html

and here Bush admits the war on terror is crusade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br_70Kbdpow

Whatever I'm sure they did it for political/ economic reasons.

We're led to believe Britain got nothing out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Someone somewhere at the top benefited from it.
UGeNe
Wouldn't it be a lot more cost-efficient to round up all these Muslims in one place and surround said place with walls and barbed wire?

You can still watch all of them, just you don't have to spread yourself thin and spend so much money doing it.

Am sure it will be alot more cost-efficient to just kill em all eh? am sure as an isreali you would like that!!
Reply 55
Media student
Am sure it will be alot more cost-efficient to just kill em all eh? am sure as an isreali you would like that!!

I would be impartial.

Either way is fine with me.

P.S. I'm Russian, the flag is just for cover.
UGeNe
I would be impartial.

No wonder your reputation is highsky, 2 wrongs dont make a right
UGeNe
I would be impartial.

P.S. I'm Russian, the flag is just for cover.

Cover!!! Cover from what? why dont you put the Russian flag? you should be proud of your country
Reply 58
Media student
No wonder your reputation is highsky, 2 wrongs dont make a right

2 solutions are better than 1
Reply 59
Media student
Cover!!! Cover from what? why dont you put the Russian flag? you should be proud of your country

My pride resulted in all those red gems + more bans than I can remember.

:mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending