The Student Room Group
Depends where you apply I think but I doubt you get many rejections...I rang up one place in the summer just gone, got an interview and then got a place there and then. It's the degrees that are more complicated.
Reply 2
Where you choose to study the foundation and what type of course (diploma or degree) will depend on your chances of acceptance. If you choose to study a foundation 'diploma', which is a standalone one year course, applying for local colleges, where the competition for places is considerably less, will be far more likely to gain acceptance over applying to a university (like the UAL colleges or somewhere like Kingston). Additionally, should you wish to apply for a foundation 'degree', which is a 'top-up' to the undergraduate degree at the university you're studying it, the standard of work and competition will also likely be higher.

How many foundation courses applied to will depend on the applicant, but I can't imagine too many. The likelihood is maybe one place at the least up to five, averagely. Many might choose to apply to several universities that offer the foundation, but may also apply to a local college for insurance. It's difficult to provide a definitive figure.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 3
I applied to one. If you have the means of attending places further afield then apply for as many as you like but I definitely think a foundation is best done closer to home unless a really incredible place accepts you, it's a shame to spend so much money before you even start HE.

Latest