The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
More pics, same dude:

He's not THAT big. Apparently he's around 6'2 or 6'3 and 190lbs.
Reply 21
screenager2004
The basic thing that puts me off is that he spends too much of his time on his body = vain. I love natural beauty. Not hours of slogging down the gym and painstakingly measuring your protein and calorie intake. its just too much time spent on your appearance. its a really horrible trait, and the individuals themselves can be very boring to talk to, since that pursuit absorbs so much of their lives.

you are a Fat and/or Ugly girl ain't ya?
silent flash
so... he gets laid a lot then?

which is the aim of a lot of guys?

:rolleyes:

Herpes ridden I bet!!! Personally, someone "Getting laid a lot" isn't an attractive personality trait. Villiage bike.
Reply 23
screenager2004
The basic thing that puts me off is that he spends too much of his time on his body = vain. I love natural beauty. Not hours of slogging down the gym and painstakingly measuring your protein and calorie intake. its just too much time spent on your appearance. its a really horrible trait, and the individuals themselves can be very boring to talk to, since that pursuit absorbs so much of their lives.

how the **** do you know ? stop stereotyping , and so what ? some people love working out, it's a hobby, this dude probly has got great genetics and doesn't live in the gym like you think, most people i know who are musuclar only dedicate 3-5 hours a week in the gym.
Not the type for me...but for some girls (my friends) would kill for him
Adonis
you are a Fat and/or Ugly girl ain't ya?

Look up "ad hominem". :wink:

And no, BMI is 19.5, have been in happy relationship for four years.
datass
how the **** do you know ? stop stereotyping , and so what ? some people love working out, it's a hobby, this dude probly has got great genetics and doesn't live in the gym like you think, most people i know who are musuclar only dedicate 3-5 hours a week in the gym.

Its someone's physical appearance, of course its a stereotype! The question wasn't "This is a photo of phil, he likes long walks and folk music" - we were told to assess him as date material on the basis of a picture!!!!
That guy quite blatantly goes to the gym every day, he's a model.
Most certainly not.

Reply 28
shamrock92
Most certainly not.

lmfao....make a poll
screenager2004
Herpes ridden I bet!!! Personally, someone "Getting laid a lot" isn't an attractive personality trait. Villiage bike.

who are you to decide what another person should want in their life?
silent flash

Me! Is that not the basis of personal opinion?! This ain't an objective study, its subjective debate, I don't really see how that's negating my opinion?!
Reply 31
screenager2004

Whilst he probably is vain, being a model or w/e, going to the gym doesn't make you vain. I myself train regularly, and yes i take pride in my appearance although I'm far from having a particularly attractive body, and I train mainly for the health benefits. And in my experience, the only time dudes like that talk about working out are when they're with other guys who work out.

But I'm sick to death of how people immediately assume that every guy who works out and takes care of their body is vain and big headed. Surely it's at least just as disgusting to neglect your health and physique and allow your body to deteriorate as it is to work out obsessively anyway?
screenager2004
Me! Is that not the basis of personal opinion?! This ain't an objective study, its subjective debate, I don't really see how that's negating my opinion?!

because its none of your business what other people should aim for? Who the **** are you to decide what makes people happy? You stupid little girl.
saab_101
Whilst he probably is vain, being a model or w/e, going to the gym doesn't make you vain. I myself train regularly, and yes i take pride in my appearance although I'm far from having a particularly attractive body, and I train mainly for the health benefits. And in my experience, the only time dudes like that talk about working out are when they're with other guys who work out.

But I'm sick to death of how people immediately assume that every guy who works out and takes care of their body is vain and big headed. Surely it's at least just as disgusting to neglect your health and physique and allow your body to deteriorate as it is to work out obsessively anyway?

Yes exactly my point: Nothing wrong with going to the gym twice a week to stay healthy, I've never said a word against someone who chooses to do so.

But I was given a photo of an oily, greasy man with ridiculously oversized muscles and a defined six pack: that requires more than a few casual hours down the gym.
silent flash
because its none of your business what other people should aim for? Who the **** are you to decide what makes people happy? You stupid little girl.

LMAO tautology fail!!!
Reply 35
Eurgh. No thanks, do not want. He certainly gives the impression of being obsessed with his body/working out, even if this is not the case (although I'm guessing most guys would have to be pretty dedicated to achieve that sort of muscle/body fat percentage). In any case, I don't like it. And of course, holding this opinion must mean I'm fat and ugly :rolleyes:
screenager2004
LMAO tautology fail!!!

how?
Reply 37
del1507
More pics, same dude:

He's not THAT big. Apparently he's around 6'2 or 6'3 and 190lbs.

Was gonna say he had too much bulk on him, but these two pics are pretty much how I'd want to be if i can ever be bothered to do a weights routine for more than 2 weeks :o: Although imo it depends on his strength too, I'd happily settle for a physique that was a lot less bulky if it meant higher strength and fitness.

EDIT:

Bruce lee's body looked awful imo, too much definition and little bulk, but hell i'd love to have his physique purely for the abilities he had. Not that i'd ever be able to commit to half that training lol

silent flash
how?

Let me explain:

Tautology: Circular reasoning, the repetitious or unnecessary use of words that do not provide new information in an utterance. The same clause is used for statement and reasoning

silent flash

screenager2004

silent flash
Reply 39
silent flash

ouch

Latest