The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No, no, no!
Just have big arms and be huggable and protective :smile:
x
silent flash
What? If you have an opinion about what someone should do, then neccessarily you think they should do what they say. That is exactly the say thing.

**** off

Of course not, what an immature way to look at things, only a five year old would make such a ridiculous assumption, have you never partaken in academic debate?!
Reply 62
To those who don't like it, what do you say to these quotes?

Man's proper stature is not one of mediocrity, failure,
frustration, or defeat, but one of achievement, strength,
and nobility. In short, man can and ought to be a hero.

Mike Mentzer

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

Socrates
Reply 63
Probably, but he's too "perfect" for most girls, and therefore they would feel insecure because of their own less than perfect bodies.
Define natural beauty.

Any appearance that is effortless.
Aim for this lads I am sure the lasses shall agree.
Reply 66
beatleboar
Aim for this lads I am sure the lasses shall agree.

Naw, he needs more abs, even with shading and lighting you can tell his body isn't nice enough there.

Beck's improved massively since then.
Reply 67
screenager2004
Any appearance that is effortless.

So zero energy is allowed to be put into appearance? No make-up, nice clothes, exercise? :frown:
Personally no.. I prefer it when guys look naturally muscly.. as in it fits with the rest of their bodies.. they don't look like they have tried too hard.
Ew. I'd run a mile.
Syrokal
Naw, he needs more abs, even with shading and lighting you can tell his body isn't nice enough there.

Beck's improved massively since then.

Well I'd guess that this is close to the ideal male physique to women, hence your opinion unless your gay is pants.
Reply 71
BlueGinger&#9829
Personally no.. I prefer it when guys look naturally muscly.. as in it fits with the rest of their bodies.. they don't look like they have tried too hard.

Whats "naturally muscley"? To be anything other than stick thin or flabby some form of training is required whether it be sport, the gym or a manual labour type job. Thanks to the sedentary lifestyle that its so easy to lead now.
Reply 72
Who cares? I mean really, who spends their time worrying about whether they've got 'the ideal physique'? Your build is mostly genetic, not much you can do about it.
Reply 73
Less muscle please. O_O
Reply 74
Definitely too much. To much oil, too much muscle. And not real enough!
Reply 75
screenager2004
Urgh that is rank! Greasy, oily, smug, vain, self-loving narcissism. Would put me off any guy. I bet that guy looks in the mirror at least 50 times a day, and spends more time on his body and appearance than any worthwhile intellectual pursuits.

It is the male equivalent of a disgustingly orange, slutty bimbo with her boobs and arse out.

And the fashion/object-obsessed youth culture isn't the definition of narcissism?
Girls and boys that spend hours figuring out their ideal hairstyle?
Reply 76
beatleboar
Well I'd guess that this is close to the ideal male physique to women, hence your opinion unless your gay is pants.

Well ive found my idea of a perfect guy differs occasionally from some girls. But personally one of the big turn on's for me in a guy is a washboard set of abs and some really toned arms.

And while that pic is really attractive, its not close to that "perfect" physique in my opinion.
Of course a question like this is entirely personal taste, but as a bit of a bodybuilder myself, I guess I'm a bit more critical and have slightly different tastes than most. Heres what I think:

- First thing I noticed : Where are his traps and why is his neck so small? it really doesnt even look like that guy's head belongs on that body. Never forget the traps and neck.

-He has good forearm to upper arm proportions (another fatal flaw amongst body builders) but his arms are lacking and his shoulders need some serious work.

-This guy clearly loves the chest workouts (like everyone else) and forgot to balance it with the rest of his physique. If you want Arnold pecs, fine. But youre gonna have to balance it out more with your arms, shoulders and especially lats.

-On the positive side, he looks much more symmetrical than you normally see in bodies these days, and his ab definition is spot on, but as a side note, the fade from tanned to pale right above his shorts looks unnatural and suggests some photoshop intervention, which would explain the fact that his face is such a different color from his body. Or just a bad spray on tan.

But thats just my opinion. If you like it, go for it. I hate to quote a company slogan, but in the wise words of Toyota Motors, move in any direction you want, as long as you keep moving forward.
lol, it's disgraceful
why not spend more time being a worthwile human being instead of gawping over yourself for hours on end so you can have a body that makes you look like a vain self-centred ****

more to life imo.

not to mention that you need to take personal preference into account. maybe, just maybe, girls would like a comfortable cuddle? (not saying guys have to be fat)
danadd9
And the fashion/object-obsessed youth culture isn't the definition of narcissism?
Girls and boys that spend hours figuring out their ideal hairstyle?

Is that any less destestable a characteristic? Prevalence does not equal legitimacy.

Latest