Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Art Coursework: artists to use for "I. Me, Mine"

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, GCSE Art is like ripping out your soul and papermach'ing it to the canvas. NIGHTMARE.

I need at least four artists whose work relates to the subject 'I, me, mine' - for me it's quite invasive really. Already covered Emin... any ideas?

Even though it's quite a personal topic - the general consensus is kooky, alternative self expression.

Any ideas much appreciated.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's been a while since you posted and nobody's replied yet...maybe you should check out MarkedbyTeachers.com, TSR's sister site. It has the largest library of essays in the UK.

They've got over 160,000+ essays, projects, assignments, coursework etc.. all written by GCSE, A Level and Uni students. You get access either by publishing some of your own work, or paying £4.99 for a month's access. Both ways give you unlimited access to all of the essays.

All their documents are submitted to Turnitin anti-plagiarism software, so it can't be misused, and the site’s used by hundreds of thousands of UK teachers and students.

Hopefully you'll find it useful
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfy-elf)
    Jeez, GCSE Art is like ripping out your soul and papermach'ing it to the canvas. NIGHTMARE.

I need at least four artists whose work relates to the subject 'I, me, mine' - for me it's quite invasive really. Already covered Emin... any ideas?

Even though it's quite a personal topic - the general consensus is kooky, alternative self expression.

This'll help you:

http://www.tate.org.uk/youngtate/exa...i-me-mine.shtm

Look at the list of paintings near the bottom.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfy-elf)

Frida Khalo is a very good artist to use - her work, especially portraiture, was VERY personal
    You could apply it to some of the work of Van Gogh, Marc Chagall, some Francis Bacon, Cindy Sherman......most of those are particularly useful if you plan to take a portraiture based direction
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Schiele :love:
    any artist that work is personal really, which are most
    and artists you like, not just because you have to research because then it's personal to you

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 25, 2009
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.