The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

BBB course with ABC?

Hey guys,

Im applying to do Computer Science with Mathematics at Exeter but the entry requirements are BBB at the least, although im being predicted ABC. Im guaranteed the A pretty much, so if I get ABB then id much rather be going to Durham. So if im predicted ABC will they make me an offer of ABC or stick to BBB? If theyre gonna stick to BBB then I may as well remove it from my application because it wont happen (ill either get ABB, ABC, ACC, etc.)

Thanks in advance.
THRASHx
Hey guys,

Im applying to do Computer Science with Mathematics at Exeter but the entry requirements are BBB at the least, although im being predicted ABC. Im guaranteed the A pretty much, so if I get ABB then id much rather be going to Durham. So if im predicted ABC will they make me an offer of ABC or stick to BBB? If theyre gonna stick to BBB then I may as well remove it from my application because it wont happen (ill either get ABB, ABC, ACC, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Why are you being predicted a C? Is there anyway you can get it to be a B?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Nah I cant get predicted a B, I wouldve loved to because Durham want ABB so it wouldve worked out great, but my reference wont.

He said my GCSE grades arent good enough? They were A*AAAABBBBBBC
Reply 3
Bath as a longshot (AAB)
Durham (ABB)
Exeter (BBB)
Royal Holloway (ABC)
Newcastle (BBC)
strictly, they don't have to accept you if they ask for BBB and you get ABC, however it's very rare for universities to do so.
Reply 5
I cant understand you so...
Reply 6
I got into Exeter with ABC when i needed BBB but my predicted grades were ABB so im not sure

Yeah that wasn't very helpful plus this was a few years ago now and entry is a lot harder these days i think
Reply 7
raggzy
Yeah **** GCSE's tbh, what are your other choices?

rude...
Reply 8
raggzy
Read my other posts?

yes
i just don't see why you would even joke about that.
Anyone can improve their grades by 1 grade with a bit of extra effort (except those who get A's lol).

Apply for those 5 initially, then you may get interviews, if you get one at exeter then explain the situation and they may offer you ABC or even ACC, or they may assure you that ABC will be good enough for their BBB offer.
Reply 10
I emailed the uni and got a reply back:

I'm afraid the lowest offer from the University requires a minumum of a grade 'B' in three A-levels, so an offer of ABC would not be made. All offers made will be in the range published online. Sorry I couldn't be more help on this,

Best,

Do you think I may as well take them off my application or still give it a shot?
Reply 11
Well I put them down hoping theyd make an offer of ABC but if I have to get ABB to get in then id rather take them off the application because id much rather go to Durham. I also have a better chance at Durham then Exeter as ive been and spoken to the admissions officer and we had a chat and tour around the buildings. Also, they said theyd make me an offer of ABB even though im predicted ABC.

Latest

Trending

Trending