The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
md_red_uk
People who give negative responses have had or will have bad experiences. It is what you make of it.

Believe it will work and it will.

yeah if your positive about the relationship it obviously has a much better chance of lasting. But it really depends on how much each of you are committed to the relationship. I mean you can want it to last so much, but it doesnt mean that it will. Its gotta be a two-sided thing.
I really hope it will work for you, everyone wants a happy ending don't they?
! but dont be prepared for it if it doesnt - I wa a bit naive and thought it would last forever but it didnt tho.
just let your partner know how much you love them and try and make each time you actually get to see them really count! :p:
Long distance relationships are difficult, but it CAN work. If the two trust each other enough, they shouldn't be too worried over the "cheating" issue. Often arguments arise because they have doubts for their partners. I have seen many long-d ones working. They require more effort, more trust and more understanding than a normal "in-town" relationship, but if you are willing to try and keep it, then somehow it would work out. If you have doubts from the very beginning, then you might as well forget it before you two break up being angry at each other.
Reply 22
the worrying about cheating thing i just don't get though. i mean, i guess it depends what each individual relationship is like, but i know that i wouldn't cheat. and i know that my girlfriend wouldn't either.

the main things which might be difficult are not talking on the phone as much, or general seeing one another that much and giving/receiving a hug when u most need it.
Reply 23
Cheating, to me, seems like a symptom of a problem in a relationship. If both parties are 100% happy with each other, and happy with themselves, then it won't happen. Going off to different universities won't change that if it's going to work out in the long term!
Reply 24
JonnyB
I'm going single. There's no point being with someone who you are too far away from.

I resent that :frown:

I cannot see my girlfriend over the summer much as she is 400 miles away. However theres every point in being with her. I see her all year during uni and a few times over the summer and I love her.

so i shouldnt be with her? lol
Reply 25
Bekaboo
my boyfriend will still be living.

always reassuring that your boyfriend is still alive :wink:

My boyfriend has been at uni for hte last 2 years (we got togehter 3 months before he started!) he's 130 miles away in term time but it's been fine so far. i start uni this september, even further away in distance but probs not timewise on the train, so that will be the test - first time i'm moving out and all that. It can work, but you have to both want it and work for it.
well like clairey87, me and my boyf are going to the same uni which we are very happy with. we are very much in love and i definately get see us getting married one day. i would find it very hard to be apart from him. luckily my offer is only BB which i am very confident of getting, and if he doesnt get his grades (ABB) then his reserve is Cardiff, where we live at the moment, and thats only £7.80 return away and of course where i will be living during the holidays.
anyway i would trust him with my life not to cheat on me. im the wild child in this relationship (lol) and im 99.99999% sure there wont be any cheating going on from my end of the relationship.
we love each other. we know that we can make it work. what else is there to say?

Latest

Trending

Trending