The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
_Fleur_
A little off topic, but is anyone else seriously obsessing over the photo bit of the SAQ? I don't even know why, really, as it's obv not part of the selection process. I just took 28 photos and am now scrutinising each one individually, trying to find one in which I look pretty, personable, and suitably academic...

Surely if you're trying to pick the one you look most academic in, you're going to pick the one you look worst in?
Reply 41
I think I'm just going to write about my subject, there's no real merit in talking about the University as a whole as it's the same for everyone really.. I don't think it will really make any difference in your application.
Reply 42
I'm stuffed
Reply 43
Seriously, I can't write annythingggg
Reply 44
I applied for Philosophy, but Maths and Philosophy elsewhere. I'm certain they'll notice this on my PS so I talked about why exactly I applied to their course and why I think it'd be sick (because of the sheer amount of logic i'd be able to do).
_Fleur_
A little off topic, but is anyone else seriously obsessing over the photo bit of the SAQ? I don't even know why, really, as it's obv not part of the selection process. I just took 28 photos and am now scrutinising each one individually, trying to find one in which I look pretty, personable, and suitably academic...

:rofl: X2

But it could be the picture on your uni card that you will show everywhere to get discounts
Reply 46
Shall I or shan't I write anything?
Reply 47
Hmph...still deciding
_Fleur_

I took a similar amount of photos but didn't really obsess. It just took me that many attempts to figure out that i was actually going to have to gel my fringe away from my eyes and that my normal smile made me look like a looney.

As long as you look presentable, not disgruntled but not cheesy I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 49
Did everyone smile in their photos?
Reply 50
I need to take a photo!!
I smiled, but as I said my natural smiley is a bit looney so it was more a demi-smile.
Reply 52
Deutsch_Beth
I smiled, but as I said my natural smiley is a bit looney so it was more a demi-smile.

LOL! was it a pic you took using a digital camera?
c0nfus3d
LOL! was it a pic you took using a digital camera?

Yeah against a white wall.
Reply 54
Deutsch_Beth
Yeah against a white wall.

what about if it's yellow- would that be okay?
Reply 55
Noble.
Surely if you're trying to pick the one you look most academic in, you're going to pick the one you look worst in?

Haha, precisely, hence it being so darn difficult to a suitable one...
Reply 56
c0nfus3d
Did everyone smile in their photos?

lool mine looks like I am taking part in a staring contest! It is my passport picture I guess...but I might just take another one
Reply 57
Yeah, all of mine are sorta half-smiling, against either a plain blue wall or half a plain blue wall and a bit of a window.
Reply 58
n_251
lool mine looks like I am taking part in a staring contest! It is my passport picture I guess...but I might just take another one

I predict I will look like I am high on something...
c0nfus3d
what about if it's yellow- would that be okay?

It says something like a plain light coloured wall - so unless its like sunshine yellow or orangey yellow that should be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending