The Student Room Group

pharmacy and the amount of maths involved

hellooo
well I’m applying for a pharmacy 2010, im doing my A2s at the moment-Biology, chemistry and psychology. basically im worried about the amount of maths involved. I haven’t done a maths A/AS level and it seems that it is vital for pharmacy as you need it for calculations n stuff. Also my GCSE maths grade is a C which is not what is required..im thinking of doing a foundation degree...but not all Uni's provide it...soo im thinking I’m going struggle at Uni with the maths involved...errrr :/

any advise?
Getting your head around conversions is pretty much all you need.
just basic GCSE maths is needed I should think, anyway, you have a calculator...right?
Reply 3
I had GCSE maths and did fine, though I had done A-level Physics. If you got below a B in maths you may struggle to begin with. The maths itself is not usually that hard, but you need to read the questions carefully to make sure you do the right thing.

Pharmaceutics may have more difficult maths, but they don't tend to include too much of it in the course as pharmacists have other things to focus on within pharmaceutics.

infernalcradle
just basic GCSE maths is needed I should think, anyway, you have a calculator...right?

For most of the maths within pharmacy practice you are not allowed to use a calculator.

Latest

Trending

Trending