The Student Room Group

Does Cambridge offer "Open" lectures matches that of LSE?

When studying at Cambridge, does the university frequently invite famous Economics speakers/professors and organize lectures that are out side of your essential course?

I'm am referring to the open lectures that LSE, does Cambridge have anything similar? :s-smilie: (Not necessarily have to be "open" for everyone, just for cambridge undergraduates will suffice)

If Cambridge do, how often do you get an open lecture like that?

thanks
Reply 1
Yer all the time, science ones anyway
Reply 2
Quite often though, they are organised by university society rather than the university itself, so you should check all the societies that you're interested in!
Reply 3
Y__
Quite often though, they are organised by university society rather than the university itself, so you should check all the societies that you're interested in!

MC REN
Yer all the time, science ones anyway

Thank you
Well yeah...
I went to a History one before at Trinity College.
Reply 6
Joy Division

I downloaded that already :biggrin:
Reply 7
There's a database of open lectures here, I don't do economics, and am not particularly interested in it, but I know they have famous people from other disciplines to do lectures, so I would presume it would be same for economics. For example, the Astronomer Royal, Martin Rees is doing a guest lecture on cosmology in a fortnight.
Reply 8
Xenopus
There's a database of open lectures here, I don't do economics, and am not particularly interested in it, but I know they have famous people from other disciplines to do lectures, so I would presume it would be same for economics. For example, the Astronomer Royal, Martin Rees is doing a guest lecture on cosmology in a fortnight.

thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending