The Student Room Group

University of Creative arts or University of the arts London

Hi everybody, I am from Australia and currently planning on continuing my post graduate in graphic design or publishing in London, but I am stucked as to which university should I choose? So far, I got 2 recommendation which are :
1. University or Creative Arts, UK
2. University or the Arts, London.

I don't know which one of them are the best in term of university life, industry standard and quality of the course, so, I really need help.
And also, if there are better universities around London with better industry respect, please let me know.

Cheers,

Gef :biggrin:
If you're interested in publishing, there are several courses to choose from at the postgraduate level. Have a look at the one offered by UCL, for example.
geoffrey87
Hi everybody, I am from Australia and currently planning on continuing my post graduate in graphic design or publishing in London, but I am stucked as to which university should I choose? So far, I got 2 recommendation which are :
1. University or Creative Arts, UK
2. University or the Arts, London.

I don't know which one of them are the best in term of university life, industry standard and quality of the course, so, I really need help.
And also, if there are better universities around London with better industry respect, please let me know.

Cheers,

Gef :biggrin:

Are you interested in graphic design or publishing? The two are quite different...

For graphic design, I would definitely say University of the Arts London (although I am biased because I study there - just started my MA at Chelsea). You're in London so you're close to so many galleries/events/etc. and the Uni is really well respected and all the student work is of a really high standard. The only downside is that they really do expect you to work independently a lot, tutors aren't there to tell you exactly what they want at every step of the process - some people are ok with this and some aren't. For graphic design you would be looking at Central Saint Martins, Chelsea or LCC I think. For publishing, I think it is only offered at LCC.

Latest

Trending

Trending