The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The dad thing I found weird too like he was trying to emotionally blackmail me! plus in one of the texts he said tell u the truth I haven't kissed another girl when I've been going out with you-- like I should be grateful!!

What the hell?! That's what you should expect in a relationship, unless you had an agreement, or an "open relationship" or whatever. Really - dump him. And if you're worried about doing it face to face because you think you'll cave in, then just remember all this stuff you've been telling us. Or dump him over the phone or whatever. Not something I'd normally advise coz it's evil, but it sounds like he deserves it.
Reply 21
you need someone who treats you right.

I know but its not that easy to find - and thats not a sexist I hate men comment I realise girls can be just as bad!

Anyway i'll let you know what happens thanx everyone for your replies sorry that the answer was obvious all along but sumtimes you jus don't wanna believe it
Reply 22
Dump him. He was definitely texting that girl (probably dirty things :wink:) while you were together. Maybe she was textin back too. You can do better, and if he can't even explain himself he doesn't deserve anything from you. Leave him.
No that was another thing he said he was busy doing sh*t! even though I'd told him i had exams next week so if he wanted to see me then friday was the only time I could really. He hasn't got his car with him at the moment cos he got a lift from the barracks by his mate so he's kinda dependent on him to come round n see me but still he cud just get the bus. I'm trying to be fair to him because despite what I've made him seem like he is really sweet to me when I'm with him, but really i'm an intelligent girl and there really seems no other explanation than he is a player

The dad thing I found weird too like he was trying to emotionally blackmail me! plus in one of the texts he said tell u the truth I haven't kissed another girl when I've been going out with you-- like I should be grateful!!

I hate dumping people tho I'm really bad at it cos I worry about hurting their feelings- although in this case I probably shouldn't. Plus once he gets me face to face then I know I'm gonna start faltering :redface:

Hes taking you for granted. He should have been round as soon as he could to explain those messages. Do yourself a favour and move on. Even if that girl is the one just texting him, hes not making you feel more confident about the situation. Also hes acting like a child, thinking you should be greatful because he 'says' he hasn't kissed anyone else.
Reply 24
He's such a waste of space and you're better off out of it. Like you said you're an intelligent girl and a loser like him will just hold you back. Don't worry about dumping him and hurting his feelings because from what you've said he doesn't give a damn about yours.

Take care x x x
Reply 25
trust your gut instinct - if you feel he's cheating on you your prob right. also he sounds really complicated - complicated boys that mess with your mind are not the way to go -- trust me i've wasted far too much time and effort on one...
Reply 26
Can you not clarify this with the girl herself? - how's your friend finding out all of this? Go with your friend and see this girl and ask her.

Although yeh I agree with the general opinion - dump him. You deserve better than that. What is a relationship without trust?
hes being sneaky, and taking your feelings for granted. if it doesnt feel right then its not right, trust your gut instinct :smile:
Just get rid of him.

If he's lying scum, you're better off not wasting any more time on him.

Even if he is telling the truth, it's probably not worth the hassle. You're not serious, you'd been together 3 weeks, you hadn't slept together.......you're not going to break his heart and he's not going to break yours.

You'll find someone else who can offer you peace of mind, and he'll find someone else too.
The only person you can trust is yourself, and often they let you down.
Hmmm...if it was me in this situation, I'd say
1) This guy is dipping his rod in to see which fish will catch the bait, in otehr words, trying to "hook" a girl that he can exploit. It seems that as this girl isn't interested, he moved onto you, being another worthy candidate; this batch sending of picture messenging being the evidence of the widespread "bait" (urgh, this analogy's a bit weird)

2) He keeps changing these plans as that other girl (or girls, who knows) is not giving him the response he needs), which might or might not be the case.

3) This contact with his father may be a sympathy card, who knows?

Please remember, this is from my cynical point of view, and not against men mind you-his behaviour. There seem to be a lot of open ends here, even though it seems tempting to jump to conclusions (as I kinda did), talk to him. Although as d_c said, he doesn't seem to be caring about your mistrust in him, but either way, get his side. See if it fits together.

Aha, he wanted you guys to be official. Seems to have given my statement a bit more weight. Sounds exceedingly dodgy, and kudos to the fact yu didn't sleep with him, good call :biggrin:
Reply 31
It could be that this girl is into him but he isn't interested.

Latest

Trending

Trending