The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Exeter are notorious for taking a while to get back to people (though Nottingham are the worst for this!). Just hang tight.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Exeter kept me waiting for months last year, I think they were the last uni I heard from. As Angelil said, just hang tight. You'll hear something soon.
I heard mid-november both years I applied.
Reply 4
I applied two years in a row; first year I heard back during the October half term, and the other time I heard back in January.
And if helps you analyse it, I got in both times, second time with a lower offer. I know this sounds stupid, but STOP WORRYING. If you're in, you'll be in. And if you aren't, then you won't be. The length of time they take to get back to you is completely beside the point.
I'm applying for Exeter and St Cuth's English Literature as well!

I'm sending off my UCAS as soon as I've put my last choice in. It's going to be a nervous few months.
Reply 6
I haven't heard anything yet...
Offer from Nottingham though, didn't realise they were supposed to be slow? I got it at the end of October..
Reply 7
Hi! I'm applying! :biggrin: I've had an acknowledgment email from them and a generic notification about sports scholarships (pfft, not for me >_> ) but nothing else. Exeter would be a really nice place to go, especialy seeing as I'm a Cornish lass and it's not too far from home as well as being a fantastic uni. :smile:

It's so tense waiting though... I don't like it either >_<
Reply 8
Don't worry at all. I didn't get my offer from Exeter until January when I applied.
Hi there! I've applied for English and French, sent my application off on October 13th and only heard back from exeter around christmas time..saying that this year they're taking longer to sent out offers because there are lots more applicants than the previous year, theyre still "considering me" and i'll know by the end of january...

still so nerve-wracking!!!

good luck everyone!! ( potential classmates! ) :biggrin:
Reply 10
Just got rejected from Streatham. Got an offer from the Cornwall campus but obviously I'm uninterested.

I have 3 A-Grades in English, History and Drama - 584 UMS for my English.
B grade AS

I was surprised because I thought they were offering AAB as an average but alas, I guess some things were not meant to be. At least I have York!
Reply 11
^^ You were applying for English then I take it? Sorry about your rejection. And you were applying post A-level? Surprising when they tend to offer AAA as standard now for English that they would not make an offer to someone with them already in hand. Maybe they just offered you Cornwall because they ran out of space at Streatham? I wouldn't dismiss it completely out of hand - it's meant to be lovely down there :smile:
Reply 12
Yes, English.

I'm going to phone them tomorrow and enquire as to why I was rejected. Will post details of the discussion later. Hopefully that will clarify some things.

And yeah - I'd rather go to York where I've already got a place than the Cornwall campus.
Reply 13
I got my offer :3 AAA...
Hello - I have an offer for English Literature at Exeter :smile:. Sorry about your rejection Jonk12345 :frown: that's really odd. I didn't know Exeter was competitive enough for someone with AAA at A2 to be rejected from the Streatham campus... that's really suprising. What did they say when you called?
My friend's (STALKER FACE Harriet for those in the know :p:) still waiting - she's got AAAA at AS and 10A*s at GCSE so I really hope she gets in. We have a deal that if she gets rejected I'll take up my place for sure lol. Atm I'm still considering re-application.
Reply 15
ollypocket
Hello - I have an offer for English Literature at Exeter :smile:. Sorry about your rejection Jonk12345 :frown: that's really odd. I didn't know Exeter was competitive enough for someone with AAA at A2 to be rejected from the Streatham campus... that's really suprising. What did they say when you called?
My friend's (STALKER FACE Harriet for those in the know :p:) still waiting - she's got AAAA at AS and 10A*s at GCSE so I really hope she gets in. We have a deal that if she gets rejected I'll take up my place for sure lol. Atm I'm still considering re-application.

Congratz on your offer, dude. Where else have you applied? Yeah - the rejection was disappointing, but truth be told, Exeter wasn't my first choice anyway, and I guess that some things are not meant to be!

What was your offer? Was it AAA? I have a theory that they received such an influx of applications this year that they weren't able to make good on their predicted offer of AAB.

When I phoned they told me to write them an email, and now I'm awaiting a reply. I suspect that they will say that they had to reject me on the basis of my mediocre GCSE's.
Reply 16
I changed my choice of Edinburgh into Exeter today :o: It took me months to choose which one I'd go for, but a few days after making the decision I regretted it. So I called UCAS today and they changed it for me :biggrin:
Jonk12345
Congratz on your offer, dude. Where else have you applied? Yeah - the rejection was disappointing, but truth be told, Exeter wasn't my first choice anyway, and I guess that some things are not meant to be!

What was your offer? Was it AAA? I have a theory that they received such an influx of applications this year that they weren't able to make good on their predicted offer of AAB.

When I phoned they told me to write them an email, and now I'm awaiting a reply. I suspect that they will say that they had to reject me on the basis of my mediocre GCSE's.

Thanks! I've got all my responses back now - rejected from UCL, Edinburgh and Cambridge and offers from Sheffield and Exeter :smile:. What about you?
Yep it was AAA offer, don't you already have that and what were your GCSEs?

Oh right, hopefully it's a nice email somehow :smile:

_Claudia_
I changed my choice of Edinburgh into Exeter today :o: It took me months to choose which one I'd go for, but a few days after making the decision I regretted it. So I called UCAS today and they changed it for me :biggrin:

YAY Claudia - did you hear back from Cambridge or are you still waiting? Good luck if you are. That was a good choice; Edinburgh is ridiculously competitive and Exeter is really good :p:.
Reply 18
ollypocket
YAY Claudia - did you hear back from Cambridge or are you still waiting? Good luck if you are. That was a good choice; Edinburgh is ridiculously competitive and Exeter is really good :p:.

Ooh, nice to see you here! :biggrin: Congrats on your offers - are you going for Exeter or Sheffield? Pick Exeter, so I can join you if I'm really lucky!
I had a telephone interview with Wolfson and Lucy Cavendish today, but I didn't do very well. I was nervous and the house was noisy, so I had to ask them to repeat their questions several times :o: They'll tell me know next week, but I've already accepted the fact that I won't be going to Cambridge, so I'm getting quite excited about my other choices! :smile:
_Claudia_
Ooh, nice to see you hear! :biggrin: Congrats on your offers - are you going for Exeter or Sheffield? Pick Exeter, so I can join you if I'm really lucky!
I had a telephone interview with Wolfson and Lucy Cavendish today, but I didn't do very well. I was very nervous and the house was noisy, so I had to ask them to repeat their questions several times :o: They'll tell me next week, but I've already accepted the fact that I won't be going to Cambridge, so I'm getting quite excited about my other choices! :smile:

For sure not Sheffield. I'm fairly sure I'm going to take up Exeter, ask to be deferred (will have to re-apply I guess if they don't want that) but will reconsider on results day.
Omg good luck!!!! Really hope you did better than you think :smile: though I have to say accepting that I was going to be rejected made it A LOT easier when I eventually was lol. Oh and Paddy has been around these parts too :biggrin: - feels like a mini-reunion lol though I do pop onto the TSR massive thread every so often :smile:.

OMG MY MUM JUST TEXTED TO SAY MY WEST WING BOX SET HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!!! :biggrin:

Latest