Bagration
Sorry guys, Keele > Staffs

Good for you :cool:
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Bagration

the only way keele is better is the girl boy ratio i went there on an open day 3 times it only got worse the living halls were discusting and cramped the computer labs were old and decrepid id rather blank it from my memory tbh
Reply 22
nath are you forgetting staffs has a stoke campus with a ratio of like 60-40 in favour of the girls.
Reply 23
Man, I need to go on a night out to the LRV again soon.
Reply 24
saaaaaaaaaaame
Gobble?
Reply 26
at some point yeah, maybe for my birthday after the fireworks
Coool, that's a good idea, didn't realise your birthday was on a Wednesday XD
Reply 28
we saw an awesome box for 50 quid in asda today plus its only 18 at asda rather than 21
Roxyyx
Reading through past threads I can't believe how many people have said that Staffordshire University is basically a load of crap, I've read that it's a rough area with tons of chavs with a dull nightlife.

How could this be possible? Why would the University even exist if its THAT bad?

If people actually at either Stoke or Stafford campus could reply, that would be great, because I'm considering Web Development living at the Stafford campus my first choice... but if it's as crap as everyone saying I don't particularly want to get myself stuck in a situation I don't like for 3/4 years...

If currently studying at Staffs Uni (please tell me what campus you're at):

Do you wish you went somewhere else?
Is it completely different to what you expected from a Uni?
Is it as dull as everyone says? How's the nightlife?
How are the halls?! What is your room like? (I want to hopefully have en-suite... if you share bathroom facilities, hows sharing?)

Anyone doing a Computer course:

How are the computer facilities?
What are the lectures like? Are you learning? Is the education good?
What's the boy to girl ratio like?

Anyone considering joining Web Dev in 2010, message me and I could add you on FB or MSN to chat. :smile:

Stafford is where it's at! Come now!
Reply 30
Bagration

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

Not a chance =].
Reply 31
Bagration

sorrry... who won varsity this year?
Wiggler
sorrry... who won varsity this year?

not keele? =D
Reply 33
Staffs > Keele

Keele is only good for medicine I hear.
Stafford isn't filled with chavs! Though I guess its what area you look at, which is the case for all cities/towns.
Reply 35
Stafford's only filled with chavs during the day as most of them go to the college...
Reply 36
I was in Ten Pin earlier playing pool and a group of chavs walked in :frown: Not only were they extremely annoying (they kept arguging about which balls were theirs...), but they smelt really bad too (of really strong eggs).

But yeah, Stafford isn't full of chavs, it just depends on the time of day and where abouts :smile:
Reply 37
Hi

I am currently studying my first year doing a BSc Hons course in Forensic Computing. I live in Levedale House which is based in the University Halls of residence known as Stafford Court and i share a flat with 6 other really great guys. So far my experience of Stafford has been really good you have everything you would need on site such as the students union for socializing and a hell of a lot of computing facilities. One of my flat mates is currently studying his first year in web development and is really enjoying it so far. By having the Stafford Campus based not far from Stoke campus it also enables you to create a great social network of friends between the two sites. Accommodation wise our flat has two bathrooms and a large communal kitchen so far we have had no issues at all and are all getting on really well. Stafford town is also a good night out for the student night on a Tuesday.

Staffordshire University also runs several open days and events throughout the course of the year have a look on the website and possibly consider a visit to the university and get a feel for what Stafford has to offer you that way am sure you can make the decision that's best for you.
Reply 38
Roxyyx

If people actually at either Stoke or Stafford campus could reply, that would be great, because I'm considering Web Development living at the Stafford campus my first choice... but if it's as crap as everyone saying I don't particularly want to get myself stuck in a situation I don't like for 3/4 years...

If currently studying at Staffs Uni (please tell me what campus you're at):

Do you wish you went somewhere else?
Is it completely different to what you expected from a Uni?
Is it as dull as everyone says? How's the nightlife?
How are the halls?! What is your room like? (I want to hopefully have en-suite... if you share bathroom facilities, hows sharing?)

Anyone doing a Computer course:

How are the computer facilities?
What are the lectures like? Are you learning? Is the education good?
What's the boy to girl ratio like?

Ok, in my opinion, whoever told you that the area was rubbish and full of chavs has clearly never been here. I currently study at Staffs uni, on the Stafford campus doing Computer Games Design and I'd pretty much not rather be anywhere else. The campus is amazing, and it's completely different to what I expected of University a long time ago. It's much more independent and pretty good, honestly.
As for the nightlife, I'm not really a party person, but I'd say it's pretty good. There's the SU bar with theme nights, Karaoke, live bands on a Tuesday and lots of other stuff. There's also stuff in town and other places, although the Stoke campus probably has better clubs. I think it's pretty good, I've hardly spent any time in my room alone, as we're either going out into town or something or there's DVD nights, the SU bar and even bowling and the cinema. There's also other stuff for me because I'm a Student Ambassador.
The halls are really good. I have the standard rooms, which are pretty spacious and are really good value to be honest. The shared bathrooms are good too, they're cleaned twice a week and you have same sex corridors. The en-suite rooms are pretty good too (some of my friends are en-suite).

I'm doing a BSc in Computer Games Design, and the facilities are pretty good. For us they've got all the latest programmes and the RARE motion capture suite, whcih is pretty good. Stafford is the technology side, so they have to have up-to-date tech.
The lectures/tutorials are pretty good, you learn a bit and then the videos and work are put up on Blackboard so you can browse it in your own time, although you are expected to do qutie a bit of independent study. The learning here is one of the best I've seen so far I think.
For my course there are a lot more guys than girls, because it's Games Design, and I think the campus is more male orientated at the moment (the ratio's about 37 guys to 1 girl I heard somewhere) but it's not bad, because the people here are amazing. I've seen hardly any chavs or idiots to be honest, which is a nice change compared to where I came from.

Hope this helps n_n

Sarah
Reply 39
My brother goes to Stafford & hes doing System engineering & hes loves it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending