The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Joseph90
********. :rolleyes:

"Lady, you are most beautiful woman I ever meet"

"SEXUAL HARASSMENT, ARREST THE DIRTY MAN!!"
Not surprising.

And it's even less surprising that people on here are defending it. Idiots.
Reply 22
TheLandOfNorwegia
"Lady, you are most beautiful woman I ever meet"

"SEXUAL HARASSMENT, ARREST THE DIRTY MAN!!"

Exaactly.
Reply 23
98% of foreign tourists sexually harassed

BULL ******* SH!T
Reply 24
Was about time one of these percentage threads popped up again :rolleyes:
Reply 25
:lolwut:

Sure....98% of foreign women.......

I think the author has replaced the word 'prostitutes' with 'women'! It would make more sense if it said 98% of foreign prostitutes have been sexually harrased. And 53% of Egyptian men blame the prstitutes for bringing it on :dontknow:
Reply 26
muslims at it yet again
Reply 27
humz2

I think the author has replaced the word 'prostitutes' with 'women'! It would make more sense if it said 98% of foreign prostitutes have been sexually harrased. And 53% of Egyptian men blame the prstitutes for bringing it on :dontknow:

No.
Reply 28
numb3rb0y
I mean, as opposed to "imposing" democracy in Iraq or Afghanistan. Look at Afghanistan; give them the vote and they use it to let men legally starve and beat their wives in order to force them into sex. If Egypt were ever conquered by the West, I might prefer it to be ruled by Westerners than its people, because Westerners would be far more liberal. The majority population of the region seems far too obsessed with misogyny and barbarism.

I think seriously the best thing for Egypt, and all the countries in the region, would be for the women to take charge of affairs there. It might actually bring some moderation and stability there.
Reply 29
99% of Italian women have been sexually harassed in public
lrkn
Well how much of a cock are you?

An extremely large one apparently.
hahahahah this cracks me up because i am egyptian and we are known to be horny :ninja: anyways this is not true because what they mean by harrassed is like when a girl is walking down the street and then this guy shouts out: OMG I WANNA GET MARRIED. which i think happens in all countries and maybe even more in bars and stuff... don't think that actually 83% of egyptian women had their tits grabbed by strangers..
I have heard bad things about Egypt from an Egyptian friend who goes there every summer, so this really doesn't surprise me. Much worse happens there, like FGM. Uggghh.

CombineHarvester
Their interpretation of sexual harassment is massively different to ours. So if a man tries to flirt with a woman or touches her, she'd class that as sexual harrassment whereas a western woman will be flattered and shrug it off.

You know this is illegal, yes?

And really, I think it's the other way around. As the article says, Western women know they have the right to feel safe in public. Women used to the culture would probably "put up with" more.
nolongerhearthemusic
I have heard bad things about Egypt from an Egyptian friend who goes there every summer, so this really doesn't surprise me. Much worse happens there, like FGM. Uggghh.

You know this is illegal, yes?

And really, I think it's the other way around. As the article says, Western women know they have the right to feel safe in public. Women used to the culture would probably "put up with" more.

Even if it is illegal the proportion of women who'd press charges in the UK would be very low, especially if it was only touching and nothing more. In Egypt, I'd expect it'd be a very different story.
CombineHarvester
Even if it is illegal the proportion of women who'd press charges in the UK would be very low, especially if it was only touching and nothing more. In Egypt, I'd expect it'd be a very different story.

Did you read the article? A woman tried to report a sexual assault and nothing was done. I doubt it's normal to report it there.
Reply 35
humz2

It is an odd statistic, but if you are a university aged female student going over to Egypt, I would bet money that you'd be perved on all the bloody time.

Egyptian men are, in the main it seems, randy, money-grabbing, lazy, scamming bastards. That is certainly my experience of them.

Latest