The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Two biological... I don't know what you mean.
I think you may be ok like that - but if the question has a quote like 'Behavioural explanations of Schizophrenia tell us all we need to know' or something it may be a problem? But it wouldn't have that coz the behavioural ones are crap.
You'd probs be ok if you can write an essay on 2.
Reply 2
I mean like learning genetics and brain biochemistry for depression and say psychodynamic and cognitive. Only examples but i think you get what im saying.
Reply 3
cat_meiow
I mean like learning genetics and brain biochemistry for depression and say psychodynamic and cognitive. Only examples but i think you get what im saying.

Erm... yeah i think that would do. there's never much for structure anyway in the biological apprach, but i always do that coz i can remember it :redface:
Any tips for depression while we're on the subject? i missed the lessons at school and its not the same learning it by myself. I also think it's quite likely to come up!
Reply 4
does anyone have any ideas what the questions might be on tuesday??i cant really see a pattern, although not much has come up on anxiety disorders.
also, depressions prob the least info 2 remember, the symptoms are pretty straight forward and for biological its the same genetic structure as other two, e.g. twinstudies, adoption etc.
Reply 5
My exam is on Wednesday not tuesday... what board you doing?
Also - thanks for the stuff bout depression - i think tis just coz its quite boring in comparison with the others...
Reply 6
yeh it is.
im on aqa. and yeh i meant wednesday. im just all over the place,lol!!
Reply 7
Lol I understand - I'm not revising, and I really shud be! I'm listening to the thunder instead lol!
Reply 8
2 the thunder??what thunder.
dont confuse me even more!!!dus ne1 reckon we'll get a compare and contrast essay?
binkyxxxx
does anyone have any ideas what the questions might be on tuesday??i cant really see a pattern, although not much has come up on anxiety disorders.
also, depressions prob the least info 2 remember, the symptoms are pretty straight forward and for biological its the same genetic structure as other two, e.g. twinstudies, adoption etc.

Tuesday?? Do you mean wednesday??

As for phobias... It has come up... twice in a row... This is what was on the last 5 papers...

June 02 - Depression
Jan 03 - Schizophrenia
June 03 - Phobias
Jan 04 - Phobias
June 04 - Schizophrenia

So my guess would be depression... however, i have no idea what was on the Jan 05 paper... Anybody know?
binkyxxxx
2 the thunder??what thunder.
dont confuse me even more!!!dus ne1 reckon we'll get a compare and contrast essay?

ummm... I'm not entirely sure we will, but i reckon theres a good chance there will be a compare and contrast question for psychopathology this year...
Reply 11
ainat87
ummm... I'm not entirely sure we will, but i reckon theres a good chance there will be a compare and contrast question for psychopathology this year...

Can they ask to compare and contrast explanations for say schizo and depression? Would that be possible?
Reply 12
No, I'm pretty sure its explicitly on one of the three. Our teacher made us research an anxiety disorder independently (I did OCD) and I'm praying that doesn't come up - it never seems good enough when the teacher doesn't teach me something!! Schizophrenia's me fave. But with English on tues, I haven't been revising for it yet, oh dear.

Raven - round my end of Newcastle (Heaton) there were kids swimming round an underwater car in the floods!! And sewage bubbling up thru manholes urggh :puke:
Reply 13
sarah1987
No, I'm pretty sure its explicitly on one of the three. Our teacher made us research an anxiety disorder independently (I did OCD) and I'm praying that doesn't come up - it never seems good enough when the teacher doesn't teach me something!! Schizophrenia's me fave. But with English on tues, I haven't been revising for it yet, oh dear.

Raven - round my end of Newcastle (Heaton) there were kids swimming round an underwater car in the floods!! And sewage bubbling up thru manholes urggh :puke:

Oh good thanks. I have english on tuesday as well, I've had ups and downs with panics but now I'm cool because I know im going to do crap oh well as I reinforced to my panicing friend earlier Keats only work 7.5% of the whole A Level and we've already done 85% of the whole thing thank god.
Reply 14
Ah yes - the floods in West Monkseaton were quite spectacular... so I'm told. Sadly I've been at work and missed all the fun! cya'll later - got to revise last minute History! xxxxxxx
Reply 15
I'm totally sick and tired of revisin.
Havent even studied for Psych on Wed.
I have 2 law exams 2moro and then a law in the morning Wed followed by psych in the afternoon! :eek:

Its got to the stage where one minute I think, why bother coz nothin is sticking in my head and the next I panic and get all worked up and stressed out!! :argh:

Roll on Wednesday 3.30 exams over 3.35 in the pub! :beerglass
Reply 16
Learning 2 of each should be fine, that's what I'm doing. You won't get asked on a spefic theory, only questions like "Compare/contrast bio/psychological explanations...", "The bio explanation tells us all we need to know... Discuss..." etc.
Reply 17
and yeh you do only need to learn 2 types of each (bio and psychological) for the three things. isn't phobias classed as an anxiety disorder? so the question just ask about ADs, but most people choose to write about phobias (but you could do OCD or paranoia or something).

sometimes they just ask you to evaluate 2 explanations of it and they could both be bio/psycho, but it's best to do one of each (kinda less repitition and shows you know more) and that way you don't have to compare them and decide which is best, instead it's just like a 2 part question (and i think one year it actually was split into a and b sections)

if anyones really desperate i did have a list somewhere of every wording of the questions they had on one of the topics (think it might have been schizophrenia but i'm not 100%) and i could probably did it out

the one on schizophrenia last year was ace :smile:

lou xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending