The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
r_raghav11
I'm coming to the UK from india...and i havent been there before. Though i spent 10 years in dubai and i had quite a few friends from all over the world. I've had a bitter sweet time when it comes to girlfriends. I need a new outlook coz most indian girls are sweet but talk of the FUTURE all the time. The time spent is on discussing such far fetched stuff that put me off. I know the brits arent that way...but how do the girls there see indians ?? How do indians get along in the dating scene ?

Slightly tangential...

What's wrong with just dating Indian girls? - They are ofcourse all individuals, and I think you'll find that those brought up int the UK typically have a similar outlook on life to those of white Brits. I'm sure there's pleanty to go round in somewhere like B'ham.

But I'd say that cos I think they're prettier anyway... - But to be fair I'm Indian anyway, so I guess I've been "conditioned" to think like that!

In my opinion, I wouldn't go in too "full on" just concentrate on making some good mates to begin with.
Reply 21
well...thats a nice group forming! We all could meet up for a drink and get to know one another! all at TSR are invited! So put down ur name and lets form a list! Hope the list grows!!

1. Raghav
Email - [email protected]
Reply 22
Well...i have nothing against indian girls! They're really sweet and great looking! Its just indian girls here from where i'm from have such notions! I'd love to meet indian girls in the UK! i think i'd get along with anyone who has an open mind! I'd prefer someone who has a good sense of humour, who's sweet, caring and understanding! And i believe the best thing one can give their other is their time and love! Its the greatest gift! And it should be fun. Serious moments will be there but it shouldnt predominate the relationship!
Reply 23
Don't blame us!!

Blame the Bollywood film producers, they're soooo over the top!

I'm Indian and Ive been to Calcutta (fine Kolkutta!) loads of time amd I've traveled arround once too. I think you'll get a very plesant supprise when you get to B'ham!

Good luck mate!
paisley
I also live in an area with very little cultural diversity, but at school I think if anything this improved relations between the few black and Asian students and the white, Scottish majority. There wasn't any conflict at all.

Primary school and secondary school were at schools where I was one of 10-20 ethnic-minority people in the whole school. It didn't matter one jot. If anything, there was a greater sense of togetherness between people, regardless of genetics (which we can't control, can we?! compared to... at Uni, where things are very cliquey especially with ethnicity. But I buck the trend. Ha! :biggrin:
this a stupid question, quite racist.. opposite sex see eachother as human beings not as Indians or English..
Reply 26
Exactly!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending