The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was under the impression that they only know what is written on your UCAS form and even then, some of the info on your UCAS form is held back from them until you have been made an offer. For example I don't think they are told about which other unis you have applied to.
Why ? Have you got something to hide ?
>_>
<_<

They know everything !
unless your school tells them, how would they know?
Reply 4
Slick-Jay
Basically I would like to find out how much the Uni knows about you e.g: any exclusions, how many times you've had sickdays of school and even how many times you've been late school or are they kept in the dark from most of this.

Yes they know everything you and your referee tell them....:p:
they get your attendance for sixth form, or so my head of sixth says to scare us. i highly doubt they'll get to know about exclusions or anything esp if it was a while ago.
As far as i know all they get is the reference and (maybe)attendance
so don't worry.
Reply 6
They know too much.

They went too far.
Reply 7
No i've got nothing to hide just an average question...
<<--<<
>>-->>
Reply 8
Are people being serious when they say they get your attendence record? :s-smilie: Course they don't! All they know is what's in your UCAS (inc PS and reference, of course) and what's in your SAQ... Hell, if they got your attendence there'd be no way I'd be getting an offer! (About 60% for Upper Sixth...)
Post count, rep, warnings, anonymous threads etc. They know EVERYTHING
They know everything. Even what colour undies you're wearing :eek:
_Fleur_
Are people being serious when they say they get your attendence record? :s-smilie: Course they don't!

That rather depends upon whether your referee decides to tell them, doesn't it? It isn't likely in most cases, but it certainly could happen, and I'm aware of cases where it has happened.
Reply 12
Good bloke
That rather depends upon whether your referee decides to tell them, doesn't it? It isn't likely in most cases, but it certainly could happen, and I'm aware of cases where it has happened.

Sure, I suppose. But unless it's like 100% or something I see no reason why it'd be mentioned in your reference - and if that was the case, there would be no need to worry. What I meant to say is that no, neither Cambridge nor any other university for that matter have automatic access to your attendence record.
_Fleur_
unless it's like 100% or something I see no reason why it'd be mentioned in your reference

The only occasions I know of it being used were in entirely the opposite circumstances - when attendance was outstandingly bad.
Reply 14
Good bloke
The only occasions I know of it being used were in entirely the opposite circumstances - when attendance was outstandingly bad.

And thus ensues the debate as to whether it's the job of the referee to mention positives and negatives, in order to give universities an honest portrayal of the candidate, or to 'big them up', in order to give them the best possible chance of getting offers. Or not.
if your refeeree has to bulk out your reference by stating your attendance...

you dont stand a good chance
Nfixlol
They know too much.

They went too far.

*clears throat*

LITTLE TORTILLA BOY!
Reply 17
Ha, at my old school parents reviewed/checked over/amended the references if they weren't happy with them. Total abuse of the system. :rolleyes:
In fact they're watching you right now...
Slick-Jay
Basically I would like to find out how much the Uni knows about you e.g: any exclusions, how many times you've had sickdays of school and even how many times you've been late school or are they kept in the dark from most of this.

They only know what the teachers writing your references have told them. You can buy your reference from ucas once it's been submitted so you'll know exactly what the uni know about you.

Latest

Trending

Trending