The Student Room Group

University of Exeter Business School?

Hi,
I am an international student from India. I was going through the Times University guide and saw that the University of Exeter has been ranked
6'th for Economics and 2'nd for Accounting and Finance. Is it really that good? Most of the top universities require a GMAT score(atleast for international students) but the University of Exeter does not. How good is their Masters degree for both Economics as well as Accounting and Finance both in terms of course content as well as future employment opportunities? Thanks...
Reply 1
My situation seems the same like you,and it is a tough decision whether to go to exeter' business school to study for me.
I am looking for some people could give me some advice~
thanks
GMAT is not compulsory for most UK universities. You may need the IELTS instead if your first language is not English.

For the standard of the university, you may refer to more ranking by different organizations. Any comment here is very personal and subjective. You might only get more confused by that.
Reply 3
I would be very careful pursuing an Economics Master. Economics is an academic discipline and getting a job with such a degree may be hard for a foreigner. This is just my opinion, though.
i want to apply to an msc in finance with eventuzlly accounting, is taking the gmat an valuable "extra"? many thanks
Reply 5
What specific Times ranking do you refer to? Is it a
generic one for the entire uni (not very relevant)
Exeter B-School for undergrad (more relevant, but undergrad is more teaching and less research)
MSC Fin & Econ

What are your goals?

Exeter is small B-School and not really a stronghold in Fin & Econ. Other B-Schools come in my mind and it is not a major target B-School for finance firm recruitment.

Exeter did not break into Financial Times European B-School ranking 2013 of top 75 B-Schools. Other UK B-Schools are ranked and do better. I am a home student, but I would not apply & enroll at Exeter Fin & Econ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending