To quote:

:five: :biggrin:

but might not go:p:
Reply 21
Where else have you applied?

Also, add me on MSN. ;D
Reply 22
milesybaby
Predicted grades: A*, A, A, A (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Further Maths AS)

Applied to:

Imperial: Interview on 18th Nov
Oxford: No Reply Yet (Admissions test on 4th Nov :frown: )
Southampton: No Reply Yet
Warwick: Offer AAB
UCL: No Reply Yet

You've applied to the three of the places (Imperial, UCL, Oxford) I've applied to.
RE: Imperial -
When did they invite you for interview? I haven't received an interview at all yet :s-smilie: I only received their acknowledgement letter yesterday though... Even though I sent off the application early October! Anyway, Good luck! (all though technically speaking you're competition therefore I really shouldn't be wishing you good luck if I want the place too, but hey - we may BOTH get in :P)... anyway please tell how it goes :smile:

Re Oxford -
What college you goin' for? or is it an OA?
I'm trying for Keble! btw how do you find the past tests? I reckon they're quite tough!! :frown: :frown: I'm so worried! The first question (multiple choice) are always OK-ish..... . . I can always do the first parts of questions 2, 5, 6, and 7... Near the end of these questions I always struggle with :frown: is this the same with you? do you find the Comp questions harder or the maths ones?

CONGRATULATIONS on your Warwick offer! Such a good uni i think... what are southampton's requirements?

Keep us updated! (and I'll do the same :P)

Edit:
Oh, Danltn
You've applied to Imperial also, AND received an interview. when did u receive the interview? I'm really worried now lol... (why "lol" I don't know). ...... . . :frown:
Reply 23
mohet
You've applied to the three of the places (Imperial, UCL, Oxford) I've applied to.
When did they invite you for interview? I haven't received an interview at all yet :s-smilie: I only received their acknowledgement letter yesterday though... Even though I sent off the application early October! Anyway, Good luck! (all though technically speaking you're competition therefore I really shouldn't be wishing you good luck if I want the place too, but hey - we may BOTH get in :P)... anyway please tell how it goes :smile:

Re Oxford -
I'm trying for Keble! btw how do you find the past tests? I reckon they're quite tough!! :frown: :frown: I'm so worried! The first question (multiple choice) are always OK-ish..... . . I can always do the first parts of questions 2, 5, 6, and 7... Near the end of these questions I always struggle with :frown: is this the same with you? do you find the Comp questions harder or the maths ones?

CONGRATULATIONS on your Warwick offer! Such a good uni i think... what are southampton's requirements?

Edit:
Oh, Danltn
You've applied to Imperial also, AND received an interview. when did u receive the interview? I'm really worried now lol... (why "lol" I don't know). ...... . . :frown:

Hi there!

I sent off my application to Imperial on the 21st October, I received an interview request on the 24th October (scheduled for the 4th November.)

Also, add me on MSN. I love fellow CS applicants :smile:

Hope I helped,

Dan.
Reply 24
Danltn
Hi there!

I sent off my application to Imperial on the 21st October, I received an interview request on the 24th November (scheduled for the 4th November.)

Also, add me on MSN. I love fellow CS applicants :smile:

Hope I helped,

Dan.

hey, thanks for the info..
I don't know why, but I've stopped using msn for 3 months now I think... weird i know since before 3 months, I had msn on for literally 24 hours a day :P

i might go on later though :s-smilie: im burried under work atm epsecially doing the oxford maths admissions tests papers... you may actually want to have a look at some of the questions in the oxford papers even if you're not applying. the last 2 questions are for computer science applicants only... You may be asked one of these in an imperial interview, or ucl for example.

to see past papers, go here: http://www.mathshelper.co.uk/oxb.htm , then scroll down untill you see the "Oxford Mathematics Admissions Test" heading... hope this is useful!

tell us how the imp interview goes :biggrin:
Reply 25
mohet

Hey, dude, I've also applied to Imperial, on the 13th and haven't even been acknowledged.

BTW, I applied to Cambridge as well and really looking forward to the interview (to the possible offer tbh).

If in a hypothetical case I got offers from both Imperial and Cambridge (or Oxford for some of you guys), which one would you choose? I reckon I don't have many chances of getting offers from neither of them, but never mind... I don't know which one I'd choose! London appeals to me since big cities are my thing (i live in Madrid), but Cambridge... is Cambridge! :eek3:

See ya, fellas :smile:
Reply 26
EmUIbA
Hey, dude, I've also applied to Imperial, on the 13th and haven't even been acknowledged.

BTW, I applied to Cambridge as well and really looking forward to the interview (to the possible offer tbh).

If in a hypothetical I got offers from both Imperial and Cambridge (or Oxford for some of you guys), which one would you choose? I reckon I don't have many chances of getting offers from neither of them, but never mind... I don't know which one I'd choose! London appeals to me since big cities are my thing (i live in Madrid), but Cambridge... is Cambridge! :eek3:

Honestly? I'd pick Southampton.

I genuinely think I could get into Cambridge and Imperial, but after going round Cambridge I really wasn't impressed. It was just so overrated, at least for undergraduate. Though I'm tempted by most post graduate degree.

Basically, if you want to go to somewhere with a hell of a lot of prestige then Cambridge is your best bet, personally I thought the CS department at Soton just blew everything else out of the water.

Just my opinion,

Dan.
Reply 27
EmUIbA

If in a hypothetical case I got offers from both Imperial and Cambridge (or Oxford for some of you guys), which one would you choose? I reckon I don't have many chances of getting offers from neither of them, but never mind... I don't know which one I'd choose! London appeals to me since big cities are my thing (i live in Madrid), but Cambridge... is Cambridge! :eek3:

if it was Cambridge vs. Imperial
I'd chose cambridge, the course there looks nice. and the fact cambridge is the the second best university internationally may be a boost....

if it was oxford vs. imperial
It would be a very difficult decision indeed. Imperial's course looks so much better than Oxford's, I mean far more interesting. Perhaps it's because Imperial's is an Eng course, I don't know, but the course content looks a bit more interesting! Oxford however I would say is more internationally known, but it isn't 'the best' in the science I don't think... Imperial's campus loooks a lot more shiny as well (but then again, I also love Oxford's old architecture style)... so it is quite tough, and I may flip a coin at it - that's if I get both offers!

I think the following emoticon would express my current situation accurately:
:woo:
Reply 28
mohet

Re Oxford -

Thanks for the luck! I sent my application on the 5th October and got invited for interview at Imperial on the 22nd October, they originally said the 4th, but I changed it to the 18th because of the oxford test. Good luck to you too, hope you hear back soon!

I've applied to University College at Oxford, but I don't hold much hope to be honest. I'm completely appalling at all the past papers and am pretty stressed! I find the logic questions easier than the maths ones, but mostly I fail to see how the paper is accessible to people who know the C1/C2 syllabus, because I loved those exams but still utterly fail at this!

Southampton ask for AAB, haven't heard back from them yet, although some others on here have. They have an amazing new Electronics and Computer Science building as the old one burnt down a few years ago.

Let us know how it goes for you!
Reply 29
milesybaby
Thanks for the luck! I sent my application on the 5th October and got invited for interview at Imperial on the 22nd October, they originally said the 4th, but I changed it to the 18th because of the oxford test. Good luck to you too, hope you hear back soon!

I've applied to University College at Oxford, but I don't hold much hope to be honest. I'm completely appalling at all the past papers and am pretty stressed! I find the logic questions easier than the maths ones, but mostly I fail to see how the paper is accessible to people who know the C1/C2 syllabus, because I loved those exams but still utterly fail at this!

Southampton ask for AAB, haven't heard back from them yet, although some others on here have. They have an amazing new Electronics and Computer Science building as the old one burnt down a few years ago.

Let us know how it goes for you!

FYI: Southampton want AAA for Computer Science now, AAB in the prospectus was an error.

With 80 places for 800 applicants I can't blame them for asking the highest grades though.

I have an interview there on 12th Nov, am really looking forward to it. :biggrin:

Take care,

Dan.
Reply 30
Danltn
FYI: Southampton want AAA for Computer Science now, AAB in the prospectus was an error.

With 80 places for 800 applicants I can't blame them for asking the highest grades though.

I have an interview there on 12th Nov, am really looking forward to it. :biggrin:

Take care,

Dan.

Congrats and Good luck! When did they tell you about your interview?
Danltn

Take care,

Dan.

12th? mines is on the 10th
Reply 32
someperson
12th? mines is on the 10th

I'm guessing they run them for a few days. You probably just sent off your app before me.

Take care,

Dan.
Reply 33
I think I should've applied to southampton :s-smilie:

you think it's better than St.Andrews?
Reply 34
mohet
I think I should've applied to southampton :s-smilie:

you think it's better than St.Andrews?

Can't be a decisive judge for this, I haven't visited the University itself (though I've been to St. Andrews, I found it quite a boring town.)

If we go by the League tables (I know, we hate them :P), then Southampton is not only higher, but climbing much faster (the ECS department is the best Computer Science department facilities-wise in the country in my opinion.)

St. Andrews is slightly cheaper on the other hand (Scottish Uni fee), though if you compare quality research between the two Soton blows St. Andrews out of the water.

Judging by what I've read online, and looking at Soton in person. I'd conclude that Soton is the better Uni for Computer Science.

I'd love to hear a St. Andrews student's opinion on the matter, though for me Soton is just going to be climbing and climbing as the years go on.

Dan.

Edit: Also why not come on MSN? Would be much easier for me to talk on there. Address is [email protected]
Reply 35
Just got the letter from Southampton inviting me for interview, looks like they run for ages. I've been invited on the 24th!
Reply 36
Ah anyone else got a Manchester interview??
Reply 37
Well, everyones applying to really good unis so im gonna come in here now :p:

Durham University
Software Engineering
ABB

University of Bath
Computer Systems Engineering
BBB

Royal Holloway University of London
Computer Science
300 points

Newcastle University
Information Systems
BBC

Northumbria University
Computer Science
260 points
Reply 38
Oh my, everyone here applying to really good uni's lol

Not gonna lie, i feel a bit **** now :frown:

Applying too;

Bournemouth - Software engineering
Hull - Computer science
Portsmouth - Computer science
UWE - Computer science

and not decided on a 5th yet. thats what i get for not taking maths.
Reply 39
Sickojones
Oh my, everyone here applying to really good uni's lol

Not gonna lie, i feel a bit **** now :frown:

Applying too;

Bournemouth - Software engineering
Hull - Computer science
Portsmouth - Computer science
UWE - Computer science

and not decided on a 5th yet. thats what i get for not taking maths.

Surrey - Computer Science
Portsmouth - Computer Science
Brighton - Computer Science
City - Computer Science
Hertfordshire -Computer Science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending