The Student Room Group

Studying Bachillerato in Spain: Help with UCAS!

Can anyone who has studied Bachillerato in Spain help me with filling in UCAS?

I'm guessing in the first box, where I'm asked for the date and grade I have to put the date I will be recieving my Título, right?

After that I'm completely lost with the modules and subjects thing. I only have to put de Bachillerato in though, right? Seeing as I've only just started 2º..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm having the same problem :s-smilie: it's really confusing. As we have to apply to ucas at the beginning of do we put our predicted grades for that year aswell? btw have you found out how to do the modules and subjects thing? How do you convert the grades?
sorry about all the questions, any help would be much appreciated :biggrin:
Reply 2
Hey!

Yes, I did figure it out in the end. You just put each subject in, with their Spanish name. Do not translate the names of the subjects and you don't convert the grades either, you put the grade you were given which I'm guessing is numerical like the rest of Spain so if you got a 9, you don't convert it to an A, you just keep it as a 9.

Also, it's just de Bachillerato, not 2º. The predicted grades part didn't apply to me and I'm guessing it won't apply to you either, they will judge you based on your first years grades.

If you have any more questions let me know, I'll be glad to help because I was confused about the whole thing last year and I wish I'd had someone to help me.
Good luck!
Reply 3
thanks for all the info! btw do you need an official translation acrediting your marks? :smile:
Reply 4
Does anyone know if you have to put a different subject in each module or do they all go together?
thanks =)
Reply 5
Original post by hazzie93
Does anyone know if you have to put a different subject in each module or do they all go together?
thanks =)

I'd also like to know the answer to this question....haha
Reply 6
also..Does anyone know the official translation of subjects like "ciencias del mundo contemporano" and "proyecto integrado"?
I don't mean the literal translation btw
I need to know this in order to fill in the qualifications section on the ucas form

Thanks in advance!
Reply 7
If anyone needs any help with UCAS after studying Bachillerato in future... just ask me. I managed to work everything out in the end and it would have been so much easier to have someone to ask :P
I hope you worked it out in the end jasqur
Reply 8
Why try to study bachillerato in Spain?

I studied it and I think that is worst as equivalent of UK.
Reply 9
Because my parents moved to spain and I moved with them so there was no other choice? Tbh I don'( think it's bad it's just different :smile:
Reply 10
Agree with hazzie93 - same for me. Got 5 offers so it can't be that bad!
Reply 11
If anyone needs any help with UCAS after studying Bachillerato in future... just ask me. I managed to work everything out in the end and it would have been so much easier to have someone to ask :P
I hope you worked it out in the end jasqur

Hi! I still haven't worked it out unfortunately. The thing is, by the time i apply i would have only completed primero de bachillerato and the ucas form only allows me to input my titulo de bachiller grades which are for the two years together. How do i differenciate between the two years to show my primero de bachillerato grades? I created an account on the ucas website just to see what to input in each box and it doesn't clear anything up for me in fact i'm more confused :s-smilie: If you can help me i'd really appreciate it!!
Whats ABC and ABB in Bachillerato for spanish unis? anyone know?

cheers
Reply 13
Apparently UCAS reckon 300 points is about an 8 at Bachillerato but the Unis I applied to had typical offers of ABB (320) and offered me 7 or 7.5 but no idea what Spanish Unis do because Selectividad is also required to get in and like the UK the Uni and the course you want makes a huge difference in the marks required.

Jasqur - I just put in the grades for the only 2 subjects that were completed at that stage. I left everything else as subjects to be taken without any results. Just put in an overall average prediction. Worked ok for me but perhaps hazzie93 has other experience.
thanks mate, ill talk to some teachers, if u know what Carlos 3 madrid require in bachillerato or in a levels for economics please let me know,
cheers
Reply 15
Original post by spanishguy
Apparently UCAS reckon 300 points is about an 8 at Bachillerato but the Unis I applied to had typical offers of ABB (320) and offered me 7 or 7.5 but no idea what Spanish Unis do because Selectividad is also required to get in and like the UK the Uni and the course you want makes a huge difference in the marks required.

Jasqur - I just put in the grades for the only 2 subjects that were completed at that stage. I left everything else as subjects to be taken without any results. Just put in an overall average prediction. Worked ok for me but perhaps hazzie93 has other experience.

but how do you specify that the grades for those subjects are for primero de bachillerato?
Reply 16
Because my parents moved to spain and I moved with them so there was no other choice? Tbh I don'( think it's bad it's just different :smile:

Hi!! I think i'm in the same position as you, I also moved to spain a couple of years ago and there was no other option apart from bachillerato. Do you think we're at a disadvantage compared to other people?
Reply 17
Original post by jasqur
Hi! I still haven't worked it out unfortunately. The thing is, by the time i apply i would have only completed primero de bachillerato and the ucas form only allows me to input my titulo de bachiller grades which are for the two years together. How do i differenciate between the two years to show my primero de bachillerato grades? I created an account on the ucas website just to see what to input in each box and it doesn't clear anything up for me in fact i'm more confused :s-smilie: If you can help me i'd really appreciate it!!

Right, what you have to do is put only the grades you get in the first year. They act as your 'estimated' marks. Just put the subject, the date you received them and leave them in spanish. Don't bother translating them. For example: Matemáticas I - Junio 2010 - 9 etc. Then you put in all the subjects you're studying in 2º. In theory you don't have your results yet so just put may or june (Whenever your 'entrega de notas' is) and leave the grade part blank. For example: Matemáticas II - junio 2011 - then leave the space blank. That's what I did and I got offers from all 5 uni's. Hope I helped you. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by jackwcheshire
Whats ABC and ABB in Bachillerato for spanish unis? anyone know?

cheers

It's quite complicated because it depends on the course you've applied for and what subjects you've taken. For example, I applied for an engineering course at one university and entrance was AAB, they asked me for a 9 in maths & physics and an 8 average mark of bachillerato. So basically the higher grades that they ask for tend to be subjects more relevant to the course and the lowest would be the overall. If you need me to explain better just ask lol :smile:
Reply 19
Also, I remember one university required me to pass some English test even though my nationality is British and i read and write english fluently so be careful about stuff like that. I didn't want to go to that uni much so I didn't do it but I found it a bit odd that the 'worst' uni I applied too was the only one to ask for it. Oh and one more thing, you don't need the pau to get in :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending