The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

don't worry about it :smile: it was so loud in there we could barely talk anyway :biggrin:
Getting all the gossip now :tongue: You see any of my fellow classmates? :smile:

xxx
Yay that you all had fun! As i didnt go, what did all the other unis come dressed as?
Reply 103
batty_hatty
Yay that you all had fun! As i didnt go, what did all the other unis come dressed as?

Liverpool: The Flintstones/Cave-people (Final Year: Chimney Sweeps)
RVC: Mexicans (Final Year: Crayons) - though I'm sure you already know that :wink:
Nottingham: Teletubbies (No final year @ Notts yet)
Glasgow: Punks (No idea about final year)
Bristol: Oompa-loompas (Final year: Moph suits)
Edinburgh: No idea, just all wore kilts and tartan and blue face paint. Bit naff, I'm gonna be honest :wink:
Dublin: Leprechauns (No idea about final year)
xFuture_Vetx
Getting all the gossip now :tongue: You see any of my fellow classmates? :smile:

xxx

A lad from edinburgh pinned down and kissed one of my (male) friends which was slightly worrying :p:
I also remember gesturing at cars to honk their horns with a dick vet while we helped mexicans onto the top of a telephone box.
Reply 105
emilyyy
Liverpool: The Flintstones/Cave-people (Final Year: Chimney Sweeps)
RVC: Mexicans (Final Year: Crayons) - though I'm sure you already know that :wink:
Nottingham: Teletubbies (No final year @ Notts yet)
Glasgow: Punks (No idea about final year)
Bristol: Oompa-loompas (Final year: Moph suits)
Edinburgh: No idea, just all wore kilts and tartan and blue face paint. Bit naff, I'm gonna be honest :wink:
Dublin: Leprechauns (No idea about final year)

Edinburgh came as 'braveheart'. Nottingham had some rubbish AVS songs, I think they are VERY insecure about being so new!!
Reply 106
Nicole89
Edinburgh came as 'braveheart'. Nottingham had some rubbish AVS songs, I think they are VERY insecure about being so new!!

Bahaha, agreed on that one. They kept trying to start chant-fights with Liverpool during the bar crawl. We literally shouted them out of one pub in the end.
These freshers got all cocky and were singing at us for ages - so we gave them a couple of rounds of "You're unaccredited" which shut them up - which then gave us our opening to start singing our (far better :wink:) songs. Fair play to them, they stuck around for a while, but we still won, and caused them to make a hasty exit :tongue:
Reply 107
emilyyy
Bahaha, agreed on that one. They kept trying to start chant-fights with Liverpool during the bar crawl. We literally shouted them out of one pub in the end.
These freshers got all cocky and were singing at us for ages - so we gave them a couple of rounds of "You're unaccredited" which shut them up - which then gave us our opening to start singing our (far better :wink:) songs. Fair play to them, they stuck around for a while, but we still won, and caused them to make a hasty exit :tongue:

Yep. They HATED the 'your unaccredited' commments and my favourite of 'aren't vet schools supposed to produce vets???'.

Its all good fun though, but slightly nicer banter is better me thinks....we adapted an old avs song I think (notts didnt like this one either)

#DON'T GO TO BRISTOL 'COS THEY'VE GOT TB
#DON'T GO TO EDINBURGH 'COS THEY HAVE HIV
#COME TO LONDON BABY, LONDON BABY
#DON'T GO TO LIVERPOOL 'COS THEY'LL STEAL YOUR CAR
#DON'T GO TO GLASGOW 'COS ITS WAY TOO FAR
#DON'T GO TO DUBLIN 'COS THEY'RE UP THE P**S
#DON'T GO TO CAMBRIDGE 'COS (put on a posh voice) THEY TALK LIKE THIS
#DON'T GO TO NOTTINGHAM-WHERE THE F**K IS NOTTINGHAM???

Or something like that-its friendly and not incredibly insulting :p:

Sorry I didn't talk for longer emilyyy!! I saw millions of people that night! I saw you on the bungy thing on sat tho but you rushed off before I had a chance to say hello :woo:
Reply 108
OllyH
A lad from edinburgh pinned down and kissed one of my (male) friends which was slightly worrying :p:
I also remember gesturing at cars to honk their horns with a dick vet while we helped mexicans onto the top of a telephone box.

Edinburgh vets did disturbing things to Tad aswell.

Edit: I thought some of Notts songs were quite insulting and hostile tbh, and very vet school specific as opposed to just bigging up theirs.

Bristol vet school song is the best - fact. Liv's just sounds like a nursery rhyme lol, and the ending doesn't even make sence.

That RVC one is quite good Nicole :tongue:
Reply 109
Nicole, cheers matey, a second year was trying to tell me that one 'cause she'd heard it the year before and liked it. She couldn't remember it to tell me though.
Don't worry about it, I was the same. And as for the bungie... oh dear. I was so entirely smashed at that point that it's probably a good thing you didn't see me :tongue: If you saw me on it, you probably just missed seeing Tad and Angie too, 'cause they were waiting for me whilst I had a go :tongue:

Dissey, yours is all about sex and that's it. It's crap :tongue: Liverpool's is almighty and you know it. The ending makes perfect sense, you donkey!
Reply 110
emilyyy
Nicole, cheers matey, a second year was trying to tell me that one 'cause she'd heard it the year before and liked it. She couldn't remember it to tell me though.
Don't worry about it, I was the same. And as for the bungie... oh dear. I was so entirely smashed at that point that it's probably a good thing you didn't see me :tongue: If you saw me on it, you probably just missed seeing Tad and Angie too, 'cause they were waiting for me whilst I had a go :tongue:

Dissey, yours is all about sex and that's it. It's crap :tongue: Liverpool's is almighty and you know it. The ending makes perfect sense, you donkey!

:p: yeh i saw you falling over your trainers then you went off, then me and georgina went over and spoke to angie and tad-then i went and watched rvc wup dublin's ass at rugby!! :yep: what did you all think of it? venues, organisation, etc??
Our theme was braveheart. Yep. Next year will be the best though :yep:

xxx
Reply 112
emilyyy

Uh.. oxymoron much? I did like the Liverpool lot though :yep: I'll get to know them when I come visit you, you can show me a good ol' liv time ;p

Nicole- I thought it was a really good AVS, it's extremely hard to organise but overall- good job ;p The only thing is that it took ages to walk everywhere, whereas in a more compact city everything would be close to each other and you kind of get out one bar and stumble into the next in a bar crawl lol. And the drinks were really expensive, but that's all part of the package in London.

Hawkshead was A LOT of fun :tongue: And we were so lucky that it was sunny!
Nicole89
#DON'T GO TO BRISTOL 'COS THEY'VE GOT TB
#DON'T GO TO EDINBURGH 'COS THEY HAVE HIV
#DON'T GO TO LIVERPOOL 'COS THEY'LL STEAL YOUR CAR
#DON'T GO TO GLASGOW 'COS ITS WAY TOO FAR
#DON'T GO TO DUBLIN 'COS THEY'RE UP THE P**S
#DON'T GO TO CAMBRIDGE 'COS (put on a posh voice) THEY TALK LIKE THIS
#DON'T GO TO NOTTINGHAM-WHERE THE F**K IS NOTTINGHAM???

Haha... I've heard this or something similar to this before :yep:
Reply 114
Wow, the Dick Vets seem to have made quite an impression. But our theme wasn't naff! Braveheart ftw. Next year will be epic though.
Dissey
Edinburgh vets did disturbing things to Tad aswell.

It isn't all about Edinburgh, I remember having my face licked by a particularly grim female final year from Bristol at my first AVS - then again I don't know what they did to TAD so I might have got off lightly.

Dissey
Edit: I thought some of Notts songs were quite insulting and hostile tbh, and very vet school specific as opposed to just bigging up theirs.

Bristol vet school song is the best - fact. Liv's just sounds like a nursery rhyme lol, and the ending doesn't even make sence.

I assure you that Bristol have some pretty insulting songs in their arsenal too.

"I have a dog called Gordon..."

Latest

Trending

Trending