The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Anyone? :frown:
Reply 2
Well I finished all my junk before I used it in any application. Don't you have some AS's you can put down?
Reply 3
KwungSun
Well I finished all my junk before I used it in any application. Don't you have some AS's you can put down?

I am doing a third year. currently.

I have Two A2's and One As (AAB). This year I am doing the third A2 aswell as further maths As and A2.

I think as I am doing my A-levels over three years, it is likely that for a maths degree that I will need to do well in Further Maths to get an offer...

No prediction means Unis will have no idea of what I will get?
Reply 4
Well correct, if you haven't taken any exams yet. But your grades so far are decent so there's no reason for them to assume you'll completely botch FM so they might well make you an offer on that assumption.
Reply 5
KwungSun
Well correct, if you haven't taken any exams yet. But your grades so far are decent so there's no reason for them to assume you'll completely botch FM so they might well make you an offer on that assumption.

Ok thankyou.

I was thinking about asking my head of maths to perhaps write me a reference as although I couldn't fit in the lessons at college, I could still get a predicted grade perhaps...

Do I have to put all six modules down on my UCAS form and then put pending for all six?

Thanks
Reply 6
Woodsy92
Ok thankyou.

I was thinking about asking my head of maths to perhaps write me a reference as although I couldn't fit in the lessons at college, I could still get a predicted grade perhaps...

Do I have to put all six modules down on my UCAS form and then put pending for all six?

Thanks

Yea put pending for any exams you know you will take but haven't taken yet. And if you can get a letter as well that'd be even better.
Reply 7
My maths teacher assumed because I was self-teaching, that I'd definitely get an A and so that was my predicted grade :smile:.
I self taught 7 of 12 modules (C1-4, M1, M2, FP2 and was taught S1, S2, FP1, D1 and D2).

Got As in all modules first time and would have met the Imperial offer (which is the highest offer based on A levels).

Further details in my profile.
Reply 9
I have already taken all the modules for maths and further maths, but I still have a "predicted" grade down on my UCAS (A*, which is what I'll get when I certificate them).
Reply 10
TheTallOne
I self taught 7 of 12 modules (C1-4, M1, M2, FP2 and was taught S1, S2, FP1, D1 and D2).

Got As in all modules first time and would have met the Imperial offer (which is the highest offer based on A levels).

Further details in my profile.

That's simply wondeful...but not particularly relevant to the thread.
KwungSun
That's simply wondeful...but not particularly relevant to the thread.

Oh, I thought this thread was whether it was possible to get As in FM if you self teach it.
Reply 12
Yeh what I am saying is this year I am taking a fourth A-level in Further Mahths, but being self-taught.

Is it possible Uni's still give me an offer based on it, even if the predicted grade isn't there. I got an A in A2 maths so they may presume I will do ok?

Latest