The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I always knew the bird was equal to the word...
Reply 21
bitch likes the taste of plastic
So there's where my lighter went, I had been looking for that for ages...
Reply 23
natural selection? birds too stupid birds die out.
That ****** stole my lighter.
Reply 25
jaydoh
Call me a heartless b. but it's a long list of enviromental problems and doesn't shock me. Millions of fish die through being poisoned each year, it's a shame yes, but it's not something we can do a lot about, especially since it's not even close to home.

Not something we can do a lot about :lolwut:

Every act starts with just one person. Not littering, recycling your rubbish. I rarely use plastic bags and when I do use it over and over again or take it to a recycling post. There is a lot that can be done as it is humans causing the problems :yes:
Reply 26
Alpheratz
I think people would care more if they saw these pictures

Or less. when animals do stupid things it makes me more pissed off at them.

If they're so ******* stupid as to do this should they really be alive, dumb animals piss me off almost as much as dumb humans.
Reply 27
Simply awful.
Rokit
Not something we can do a lot about :lolwut:

Every act starts with just one person. Not littering, recycling your rubbish. I rarely use plastic bags and when I do use it over and over again or take it to a recycling post. There is a lot that can be done as it is humans causing the problems :yes:

What I meant was, we as individuas can do something, but to help these birds in this context we can't, I was thinking more along the lines of clean up projects etc
Reply 29
ViolatedTreason
Darwinism in action.. bird was stupid enough to eat a lighter.. bird dies..

ultimately makes the birds a better race.

:lolwut: just because we could kill species doesn't mean we should.

More successful organisms let us humans live for their benefit, we need to learn to let our ecosystems exist for ours.
nexttime
:lolwut: just because we could kill species doesn't mean we should.

More successful organisms let us humans live for their benefit, we need to learn to let our ecosystems exist for ours.

we never killed them.. they ate the damn things.. ergo.. its their own bloody fault.

my dog is stupid and eats rocks.. that bird was stupid and ate plastic.
Libtolu
Or less. when animals do stupid things it makes me more pissed off at them.

If they're so ******* stupid as to do this should they really be alive, dumb animals piss me off almost as much as dumb humans.

So relative stupidity in the face of the most advanced species to ever traverse the planet is justification for their extinction?

What if you displayed relative stupidity? Would that be grounds enough for the lawful killing of you by someone more intelligent than you?

Seriously, get a ******* clue. Simply because we are sapient rather than merely sentient is not sufficient justification for the genocide of any species.
Reply 32
Oh that is terrible! Quick divert all efforts to help the poor and hungry and stop the human rights abuses all over the world, we need to save some birds!

The world has bigger problems. Not denying this is a problem, but the world is just about to go into meltdown, I can sense it.
Reply 33
ViolatedTreason
we never killed them.. they ate the damn things.. ergo.. its their own bloody fault.

my dog is stupid and eats rocks.. that bird was stupid and ate plastic.

Polluting a habitat definitely counts as killing.
the pictures are quite powerful but this is life :s-smilie: birds die and others are born and so for humans so yeah O.o...
Reply 35
Damn, thats so sad. Thanks to op for posting the pictures. We need to do more to raise awarness on these issues.
Aphotic Cosmos
The plight of the albatross is well-documented. I find it unlikely that we will be able to save them given the appalling way in which we treat our oceans.

We massively overfish, we dredge the seabed, we dynamite coral reefs, we kill key predators such as sharks and whales in the millions and thousands respectively, we hunt endangered seabirds, we've dumped enough rubbish in the Pacific to form a whirlpool of it visible from space . . .

We are destroying so much, and people simply won't care until we start losing names off of the Chippie's menu board. How absurdly pathetic. Green the **** up, humanity.

When you put it like that, humans are ******* awesome
nexttime
Polluting a habitat definitely counts as killing.

maybe, but where were these photos taken? if it was on a remote island which was their only habitat, then yes..

in the middle of london then no.. thats our habitat, and nothing is worse than having a lighter **** onto your head..

i ove how everyone jumps to defend a bird, that died of its own stupidity, and expects everyone to do something about it; you are preaching to the wrong people..

also, note how the rubbish occupies almost every inch of that one birds body.. i'm sure that the stomach of the bird isn't that big. where is the space where the lungs should have been? that second bird has been tampered with. no ******* way a bird could fit that much stuff in there..
Myth717
Damn, thats so sad. Thanks to op for posting the pictures. We need to do more to raise awarness on these issues.

/sarcasm

?
Reply 39
so that's where my lighter went!

Latest

Trending

Trending