The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Change your name to Phil Mcracken?
Reply 2
ermmm no. or maybe Nunya B. Ness
Reply 3
Seems like as good a reason as any for changing it.

DemisC
How should I do this?

Print out a deed poll document (the format is on various websites), sign, have it witnessed by some friends, make copies and then write off to get your documents changed. It's a bit of a chore, but still.
Can I change my illegal name?
Reply 5
Thanks L i b :smile:
DemisC if you're going to use those deed poll sites make sure you get them to send you a hard copy. It's on nice paper and has a fancy stamp on it. Just printing it out isn't enough for some places, like the IPS.
Sports Racer
DemisC if you're going to use those deed poll sites make sure you get them to send you a hard copy. It's on nice paper and has a fancy stamp on it. Just printing it out isn't enough for some places, like the IPS.

I'm not doubting you, but that sounds very iffy to me. The only legal requirements for a deed are that the document says "I'm a deed", is signed and witnessed. It doesn't need a stamp or anything like that, the IPS have to accept to print out.
jacketpotato
I'm not doubting you, but that sounds very iffy to me. The only legal requirements for a deed are that the document says "I'm a deed", is signed and witnessed. It doesn't need a stamp or anything like that, the IPS have to accept to print out.

You'd think. But when I changed my passport they wouldn't accept it stating reason 'photocopies not accepted' even though it was that very piece of paper that was signed. :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Sports Racer
You'd think. But when I changed my passport they wouldn't accept it stating reason 'photocopies not accepted' even though it was that very piece of paper that was signed. :s-smilie:

There was something wrong them because I sent them my Deed Poll and they changed my passport right off. The DVLA should recognise a standard deed poll too. Are you sure it was an original signed one? Maybe try getting it signed in blue ink :p:

OP, I don't see why you should change your name, the past can shape you into who you are and you shouldn't have to feel like you should hide that. I changed my name as 1) my dad is an arse and 2) i don't want to ever be tracked by someone who caused great harm to me, hence why I went ahead with mine.
Reply 10
vvv
Reply 11
Sports Racer

Nice paper and a fancy stamp are not going to make a government body accept one document over another.

Sports Racer

Well you should have pointed out that it wasn't a photocopy.

Latest

Trending

Trending