The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
To be fair, some of the most stuck up pretentious public school people I met at uni were not the jack wills wearing types but the Cavern going 'i-know-everything-about-music-and-you're-completely-ignorant-i-don't-even-know-why-you're-here' music types who thought they were better than everyone (and before you judge, i spent my fair share of time in the Cavern over my 3 years).

You're going to get the private/public school people wherever you go, and IMO if you think you're mature enough to go to uni then you should be mature enough to realise that actually the way people dress isn't a direct reflection of their personality. I'd thoroughly advise against letting something like that influence your decision on such an amazing uni.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
The whole of exeter is jack willsy tbh.
Reply 22
Even if it is, what's the problem.
Reply 23
Some people can be so pathetic. Get over it, wearing Jack Wills does not make you superior to everyone, nor does it make you an arrogant public school boy.
I wear Jack Wills only because the hoodies and trackies are comfortable. Just because I wear it, i'm arrogant and stuck-up? Lol. I'm no where near. Whereas I find it hilarious that people sterotype people who wear a brand and those who try so hard to wear it.
cassiuskp
looking at exeter for one of my choices i think , was wondering if it is all a bit jack willsy ? a friend told me she went along and thought oh god i cant see myself fitting in here it looks like theres an actuall shop on campus .
if this is specific to a campus or anything im looking at streamthem .
cheers

This is very true unfortunately. In fact the whole of Exeter is rather Jack Willy. All the private schools wear it for example.
Reply 25
could be worse. I saw a girl walking around campus with an hermes bag the other day...
Reply 26
herzblut
could be worse. I saw a girl walking around campus with an hermes bag the other day...

oh my god
arrest her
It's really not an issue.. people are people, wearing jack wills doesn't make much difference. There are plenty (probably the majority) of 'normal' people' ha.
Just avoid Holland if you are that bothered..
Since I arrived, I've actually only met a couple of people wearing Jack Wills...so I don't know where I've been, looking at this thread!

boho
To be fair, some of the most stuck up pretentious public school people I met at uni were not the jack wills wearing types but the Cavern going 'i-know-everything-about-music-and-you're-completely-ignorant-i-don't-even-know-why-you're-here' music types who thought they were better than everyone (and before you judge, i spent my fair share of time in the Cavern over my 3 years).

You're going to get the private/public school people wherever you go, and IMO if you think you're mature enough to go to uni then you should be mature enough to realise that actually the way people dress isn't a direct reflection of their personality. I'd thoroughly advise against letting something like that influence your decision on such an amazing uni.

And this.

You're going to get people from all walks of life everywhere you go, and to be honest, it's not like they're small places - there are plenty of people to hang around with if you don't want to wear Jack Wills.

electricfeel--
Just avoid Holland if you are that bothered..

This made me laugh. :biggrin:
Reply 29
boho
oh my god
arrest her

more like steal her bag which would probably cover a year's rent...
lol, I didn't know it actually had a reputation for it.

About 10% are Jack Wills, the other 90% just take the piss out of them. If anything the Jack Willsyness is a good thing, it gives us something to laugh at :smile:
Girls who wear jack wills are always the best in bed.
Reply 32
Individual
Girls who wear jack wills are always the best in bed.

:woo: hahaha gold.
Lol, the Jack wills side of it probably comes from the 10000 students at 6th college 2 mins away from the uni.
Being one of those students, like to point out that i'm not "jack willsy"
Reply 34
Having been to the Exeter Rugby varsity match last night vs UWIC I was suprised at how much public school people types there were. Manily the guys appeared so. Also there was a lot of Totty there. ah
Reply 35
yoyo462001
Oh the varsity was good apart from us losing :frown: (silly mistakes) it probably looked more public schooly with everyone wearing the formals than it actually is..How did you find the game? How comes you were down there.

Yeh the formals that must have been it actually.

Well I live 5 mins from Sandy Park and play for Sidmouth RFC so they got offered some tickets so a couple of us went down to watch.

I would love to go to Exeter University but it is far too close.

Shame it isn't an hour + away.

Yeh it was a good game.

Exeter never really broke the game line much though. The centres seemed to have the threat but weren't really given quickball.

Did you see or were near the cricket guy being sick? O I love the chants.
In my 1st year, Holland had a stack of Jack Wills catalogues at the Porter's Lodge because they knew so many people would order one otherwise :indiff: (I didn't live in Holland, don't judge me!)

I know a couple of wannabe rahs but none of the real things! I think they just walk round ruffling their hair all day instead of actually doing anything so there's no opportunity to talk to one :p:
Reply 37
'All the private schools wear it for example.'

to clarify i technically could fit into the private school bubble but do not find the idea of uniform overpriced apparel that appealing , i guess i decided to revolt when daddy and mummy refused to buy me another pony .
:frown: that sounds annoying - Jack Wills is NOT me (that was a stupid sentence lol...)

I know it's uni and there's hundreds of people... but if there's a general "Jack Wills" vibe, I'll be seriously put off. I don't give a crap about clothes or being "cool"... I know there will be tonnes of other people like that, but seeing lots of other well turned out A&F wearing people I'll probably get all insecure and intimidated...

That's ridiculous I know, but I'm not sure that this sounds like a place where I'd feel comfortable.

But I'll have to visit myself and wait and see :smile:. I probably won't get an offer anyway...
"London is all black, rapists and murderers."

Would you believe that? Probably not. So why believe that Exeter is all Rah and Jack Wills?

Get my point?

Latest

Trending

Trending