Reply 1
not so much as Bristol/Durham, etc.

More so than Aston/Imperial, etc.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
python38
You mean Streatham Campus?

And what's "Jack Willsy" supposed to mean? :lolwut: (I'm considering applying there too.)

He means posh, public schoolsey.
There are so many threads on this.

Yes it is a bit jack willsy. Some students have clearly never been out of their public school bubble and can come across as unintentionally ignorant/arrogant if you aren't part of that bubble. Others are completely lovely and just like walking around with cave girl style hair.

After a few negative encounters with some people it's hard not to tar everyone with the same brush but part of uni is learning to get on with different people.

So yes, it is quite jack willsy and sometimes it's annoying if you aren't. :smile:
Reply 4
Exeter, where Public school kids go if they didn't make it
Reply 5
The wannabe ones.
jack wills and Abercrombie is uniform at these unis
Stereotypically, yes.
Reply 8
I'm applying :biggrin:
But I don't mind Jack Wills...oh the horror.
Yes there are quite a few of them, but then there are people that arent "jack willsey" lol. Everyone is so nice, dont let that put you off, Exeter is great :smile:
Reply 10
Jack Wills suck donkeys.
Reply 11
jismith1989
Stereotypically, yes.

I am offended. :p:

But honestly OP there are quite a few 'rah' types but if you don't fit in with that crowd you don't have to! Some people do get branded as 'rahs' without even realising what they're meant to be!

So while there are quite a few posh type people, there are so many people around you don't even have to mix with them if you don't want! I haven't anyway!
They will amuseme greatly if I go there, so its all good.
Peanut42
I am offended.

But honestly OP there are quite a few 'rah' types but if you don't fit in with that crowd you don't have to! Some people do get branded as 'rahs' without even realising what they're meant to be!

So while there are quite a few posh type people, there are so many people around you don't even have to mix with them if you don't want! I haven't anyway!
:biggrin: :o:

Of course, the stereotype may have absolutely no relevance with regards to your superb self, and who's to say that it's likely to be a bad thing anyway (except myself in whispered tones :ninja:)? All universities are going to have a whole spectrum, to varying degrees, of people though, they just have too many people in one place for them all to be, one might hope, carbon-copies, so stereotypes shouldn't generally be a factor in deciding which universities to apply to. :woo:
Reply 14
jismith1989
:biggrin: :o:

Of course, the stereotype may have absolutely no relevance with regards to your superb self, and who's to say that it's likely to be a bad thing anyway (except myself in whispered tones :ninja:)? :woo:

I will have you know it has no relevance to myself! I am currently painting fake blood on my arms which is probably as un-Jack Willsy as you can get. :ninja:
One of my best friends is at Exeter and he might agree with that comment hahaha
oh no mate, not a bit jack willsy mate, not a bit mate
Peanut42
I will have you know it has no relevance to myself! I am currently painting fake blood on my arms which is probably as un-Jack Willsy as you can get.
My! Are you a celebrating Halloween a tad early or have you joined a local cult? :zomg:
Reply 18
jismith1989
My! Are you a celebrating Halloween a tad early or have you joined a local cult? :zomg:

Ah yes I am being initiated into the Mysteries...

No it is the Japanese Soc Battle Royale pub crawl... so school uniform and gallons of blood is required!

We seem to have hijacked this thread...
Peanut42
Ah yes I am being initiated into the Mysteries...

No it is the Japanese Soc Battle Royale pub crawl... so school uniform and gallons of blood is required!

We seem to have hijacked this thread...
:rofl: Have fun!

And yes we do -- we must stop before I kill the OP and fly it into a, erm, despicably tasteless joke!

Latest

Trending

Trending