The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
if its the open days.... which i think it is..

yep they are quick on the replies, the whole thing is organised by ~3-4 lecturers and a secretary [who may have threated to hunt down said lecturers if they dont get organised with a giant inflatable hammer.. ] and work very well as a team... its a well organised system

i think they usually have an offer penciled in, but you get a very short informal interview with one of a number of lecturers to discuss such things, like offers, which stream you would want to apply for, what you like about physics, etc..

its well worth going to the open day, they provide good food, a tour of the uni and department and you get to meet some of the more talkative lecturers..
Dont be scared by the 'interview' its more of a chat.. there wont be any tests or anything, the tours are by Phd students so you get a different view of the uni from them, [they are a crazy slightly jaded lot, who will give brutally honest answers....]

if you want any more info on physics at lancaster drop me a pm or something.... i recently left the department..
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Latest

Trending

Trending