The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
How did you guys find the HAT?!? :s-smilie:
Reply 21
how come no one has heard from the london colleges yet? do they usually reply late?
hmah
how come no one has heard from the london colleges yet? do they usually reply late?

I have heard from QMUL, I have an interview on 16th December.

Where did you apply? I also applied to UCL and KCL.

I have had the questionnaire from UCL and acknowledgement from KCL.
Reply 23
I'm applying to do History and Politics at:

Queen Mary- Acknowledged
Liverpool- Acknowledged
Cardiff- Pending
UWE-ABB
Swansea- Pending
Reply 24
Sorry for the double post but do QMUL always interview for History?

Because their my first choice but I'm dreading having to have an interview :/
LEEDS! :lovedup: (first choice) offer AA
manchester - offer AA
uclan - (back up!) offer 220 points
edge hill - offer 220 points
lancaster.. nothing yet!
Reply 26
private-radio
I have heard from QMUL, I have an interview on 16th December.

Where did you apply? I also applied to UCL and KCL.

I have had the questionnaire from UCL and acknowledgement from KCL.

really? i applied to queen mary as well, but i havent got any reply (besides an acknowledgement):frown: i dont think youre an international student though...?
ive also applied to kcl and ucl as well as lse and cambridge. have you only applied for history??
Reply 27
I received two offer today from Exeter (Cornwall Campus) and Cardiff. I'm really excited, especially since I only sent my application off a week ago and Exeter will be either my firm or insurance choice :smile:
outlaw-torn
LEEDS! :lovedup: (first choice) offer AA
manchester - offer AA
uclan - (back up!) offer 220 points
edge hill - offer 220 points
lancaster.. nothing yet!

How did u get AA from leeds? They gave me AAA!
talon1579
How did u get AA from leeds? They gave me AAA!

I did AS + A2 art last year so already have one A :smile:
hmah
really? i applied to queen mary as well, but i havent got any reply (besides an acknowledgement):frown: i dont think youre an international student though...?
ive also applied to kcl and ucl as well as lse and cambridge. have you only applied for history??

No, I'm not an international student. Yeah, I have only applied for history, also at Cambridge. Which college have you applied to?

I have applied for Modern and Contemporary History at QMUL.
Reply 31
private-radio
No, I'm not an international student. Yeah, I have only applied for history, also at Cambridge. Which college have you applied to?

I have applied for Modern and Contemporary History at QMUL.

ive applied to fitzwilliam at cambridge, what about you? do you think you have a good chance of getting an interview? and i think local students get interview invitations/offers before international students, so...
did you get the UCL questionairre?
Reply 32
emily2406
I've applied for History 2010

Warwick - Offer AAB :smile:
Exeter - Acknowledged
Bristol - Acknowledged
Oxford (Lincoln College) - Acknowledged
Southampton - Offer AAB

I loved Warwick so I'm very pleased :biggrin:

When did you send your application? I'm waiting for Warwick to answer. :confused:
i've applied to lincoln college for history as well :smile:

and I have two offers so far...

when are we likely to hear back from oxford about interviews? I'm giving up hope tbh tho because I dont think I did as well as I could have done on the HAT...
hmah
ive applied to fitzwilliam at cambridge, what about you? do you think you have a good chance of getting an interview? and i think local students get interview invitations/offers before international students, so...
did you get the UCL questionairre?

I have applied to Jesus College. I got my interview reequest today, for the 9th December. Its all exciting stuff.

Yea I got the UCL questionnaire. How did you find it? What book did you 'review'? How about the 'historical problem' question?

Where are you from?
Reply 35
private-radio
I have applied to Jesus College. I got my interview reequest today, for the 9th December. Its all exciting stuff.

Yea I got the UCL questionnaire. How did you find it? What book did you 'review'? How about the 'historical problem' question?

Where are you from?

cool! atleast you can start preparing for the interview, knowing it wont be a waste. i just wish fitzwilliam would hurry up and reply :s-smilie:
the questionnaire was okay;initially it was a bit daunting, but i managed in the end. i chose Gaddis' Cold War book. :o: i know- it was a really ambitious choice and i just didnt do it justice. my other essay was on the korean war.
how about you? what was your book and topic? how you preparing for the interview??
im from pakistan.
what grades did you have till AS level (just wondering cause you got an interview)
Reply 36
Lubeno
When did you send your application? I'm waiting for Warwick to answer. :confused:

I sent it off on October the 5th and I heard on the 4th November. So, it took nearly a month, just be patient I'm sure you will hear soon. Where else have you applied :biggrin:
Reply 37
strawberry_lemonade
i've applied to lincoln college for history as well :smile:

and I have two offers so far...

when are we likely to hear back from oxford about interviews? I'm giving up hope tbh tho because I dont think I did as well as I could have done on the HAT...

I heard that we should hear back some time at the end of November :s-smilie: I've pretty much given up hope too, I think i did bad on the HAT test, I was disappointed with myself :frown:

Do you know how much they base their decision upon the HAT test or whether they take into consideration your whole application too? If you do bad on the HAT test are you automatically declined?
:s-smilie:

Where are your offers from?
:biggrin:
Reply 38
emily2406
Do you know how much they base their decision upon the HAT test or whether they take into consideration your whole application too? If you do bad on the HAT test are you automatically declined?
:s-smilie:

The HAT is used as the main criteria for deselection before interview. It varies year by year, but normally they interview somewhere around 75% of applicants. My own HAT went pretty badly, and some people obviously just have bad days, so I can't imagine that decisions are based solely on the HAT, but from all that I've heard (before and since being a student here) it is an important consideration.

Generally, invitations should come out some time towards the very end of November, about a week or so before you are due to be interviewed. You just have to be positive :yes: Any wider reading you do in preparation will be useful in the long-run anyway, regardless of whether you get an interview at Oxford or not.
emily2406
I sent it off on October the 5th and I heard on the 4th November. So, it took nearly a month, just be patient I'm sure you will hear soon. Where else have you applied :biggrin:

hey, did you have to do the online chat with the history department before you got your offer? (: