The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Folderol
Are you saying that what 'wing' you are doesn't have an influence of international politics, generally? And to be honest, I think it's irrelevant what he left historically think. The left, today, is more associated with non-intervention.

Also, I've just started a new thread in International Affairs, I'm sure you'd be interested :wink:

I wouldn't call Obama's boosting of Afghanistan troop numbers and an increased number of attacks in Pakistan non intervention. There has also been doubts cast as to whether US troops actually will be pulling out of Iraq. It was in a Times article i will try and find it for you. Considering one of the most popular memmbers of the American far right is callling for a complete cut and run, i wouldn;t be so sure about the Democrats calling for peace so soon.
Reply 21
Aeolus
I wouldn't call Obama's boosting of Afghanistan troop numbers and an increased number of attacks in Pakistan non intervention. There has also been doubts cast as to whether US troops actually will be pulling out of Iraq. It was in a Times article i will try and find it for you.

I said generally. Thats like saying that the right-wing is no longer associated with small-government because of Bush's increase in government size (Homeland Security, No Child Left Behind, yada yada yada).

Considering one of the most popular memmbers of the American far right is callling for a complete cut and run, i wouldn;t be so sure about the Democrats calling for peace so soon.

Again, I said generally. The modern left wing is associated with non-intervention. Maybe it would help if I just say: a lot of people who support Chomsky are non-interventionist realists who favour maximal wealth distribution - some of who are also nihilistic :awesome: (that's a joke).
Reply 22
Folderol
Again, I said generally. The modern left wing is associated with non-intervention. Maybe it would help if I just say: a lot of people who support Chomsky are non-interventionist realists who favour maximal wealth distribution - some of who are also nihilistic :awesome: (that's a joke).

Chomsky is a closet statist anyway. But i really do admire his views on international politics. Although im not to read up on his views on Israel if thats what your problem with him is :p:
Reply 23
Aeolus
Chomsky is a closet statist anyway. But i really do admire his views on international politics. Although im not to read up on his views on Israel if thats what your problem with him is :p:

How did you guess? :getmecoat:

Latest

Trending

Trending