The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not at all :p: And yes you should get over it! :biggrin:
Nope. Superstitions are for idiots.
I live on the 13th floor of my building and have a black cat, and when I spill salt I just say "****!"
Haha well I can't step on those drain things on the ground dunno what they're called them metal squares, I can't walk under those big road signs or I have to clap twice to make it right, can't walk under ladders, avoid cracks on the road, there is this house near mine and I can't talk when I walk past it or my cat will die... etc etc. Stupid I know haha.
Reply 5
I'm very interested in the supernatural, but I'm not superstitious. I'm more of a skeptic.
Reply 6
Superstitious people are annoying. I opened an umbrella inside a shop just before I went out and the shop worker was like ''ooooo don't do that!!!'' and ran away... :rolleyes:
Sort of, not in those sorts of ways though. I will always wish on the time if it's like 13:13 or 12:21 or whatever, and I used to have an alarm clock that had a flashing colon in the middle, and I would put it on the bathroom windowsill to time washing my hair when having a shower, and I would look away for a bit and then choose a second to start from and count the flashing colon, and if the minute changed exactly as I counted 60, then I would make a wish or something good would happen :biggrin: Stupid I know. And I always try to find signs and coincidences in things, to help me make decisions.
Nope not at all.
Reply 9
fletchinator
Nope. Superstitions are for idiots.

This
Nope, I'm not.

The is no reason to be.
Reply 11
Does religious count?
Reply 12
Pheylan
I don't see why not; they're equal in terms of ********

Subtlety fail.
Reply 13
danni_bella
I am, it's quite bad. I hate the number 13 and 4, always walk around ladders and today I came across a black cat and tried to avoid it. Didn't work :frown:

I think I should just get over this. Superstitions aren't real!

Think of it this way - 13 is actually a lucky number in Chinese - it means "You'll live!" :biggrin:

On the other hand, 14 is unlucky cus it means "You'll die" lol. I lived in the house number 14 for like 8-9 years. And now I live in number 4 (4 means die or death, basically). I'm still alive!

Basically, it's ridiculous because if these things were true, it shouldn't differ between cultures.
Not particularly. Heck, there was one time I was on a plane and I noticed there was no row 13, and for a while I assumed this was some dumb mistake and sat there feeling amused at the numbering fail, until I eventually remembered being told that planes don't have rows with so-called 'unlucky' numbers... XD;
Nah. I sometimes think in a superstitious way, stuff like touching wood and thinking things have happened for a reason. But if you asked me whether that stuff was true I'd say it wasn't, it's irrational but humans are quite often irrational.
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Sort of, not in those sorts of ways though. I will always wish on the time if it's like 13:13 or 12:21 or whatever, and I used to have an alarm clock that had a flashing colon in the middle, and I would put it on the bathroom windowsill to time washing my hair when having a shower, and I would look away for a bit and then choose a second to start from and count the flashing colon, and if the minute changed exactly as I counted 60, then I would make a wish or something good would happen :biggrin: Stupid I know. And I always try to find signs and coincidences in things, to help me make decisions.

I used to do this, well I still do.

Though I dont wish on the time. Normally I do the counting the colon thing when I'm trying to persuade myself to get out of bed in the mornings.

I do it when I was morning TV programmes that have the clock in the corner too. And I have about 5 clocks in my room and get a bit stressed if they arent all on the same time.
I was going to answer 13 minutes ago, but that would have meant that my response would have been the 13th.

I am now clear to answer.

No.
It's a woman thing.
No.

Latest

Trending

Trending