The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Very superstitious writing on the wall.
No, not anymore.
Reply 22
I always pick up pennies when i see them on the ground. I must look like such a freak :o:
Yeah, a bit. Like I dont particularly like the number 13, and i wont walk across only three things on the ground. I always clap my hands when I've said thankyou if someones blessed me after ive sneezed. I'm not religious particularly, just some silly things make me superstitious! And the brolly thing is worse.
Reply 24
4 is my favourite number :biggrin:
Reply 25
I'm not superstitious but I heard a woman fell from the 13th floor of a building and died.
Lollyage
I always pick up pennies when i see them on the ground. I must look like such a freak :o:

I used to make an absolute mint out of this in my old school!

Shame the craze "caught on": then we all came out with much less because there were so many of us at it! :biggrin:
Thegoonman
I'm not superstitious but I heard a woman fell from the 13th floor of a building and died.

I wonder whether she would have survived if she had fallen from the 14th floor ...
Reply 28
No, i don't understand how an adult could be.
Reply 29
I'm rather superstitious.I believe in strange things.
I mean if the cat is black you should just catch her next time and colour,cause if coloured cat (three different colours) cross your road that's as I heard - for luck.:biggrin:
May be it also will become popular and fashion among it's catfriends after that.:smile:
Yes I am. For example I'll be walking to school and suddenly think 'If that bird doesn't take off in 10 seconds something bad will happen today' and then I'll have to throw a stone at it or something.
Reply 31
placenta medicae talpae
I wonder whether she would have survived if she had fallen from the 14th floor ...

She wouldn't of died. Its the fact that it was on the 13th floor and the number 13 is unlucky.
I'm not superstitious at all - but that's me all over, typical Aquarius!

:awesome:
OneEyedYellowIdol
It's a woman thing.

Pretty much. Often associated with having a fairytale interpretation of the world.

When I have to make decisions, and all options look equally good/can't be bothered thinking about it, I sometimes wait for a random/coincedental type occurence that I can take as a 'sign'.

For me its just a 'fun' way of making decisions and a figure a speech, but sometimes people have assumed its out of some sort of superstition/religion.

Its sheer laziness though really, often I just end up flipping a coin.
nope, not one bit :h:
Cesare Borgia
Yes I am. For example I'll be walking to school and suddenly think 'If that bird doesn't take off in 10 seconds something bad will happen today' and then I'll have to throw a stone at it or something.

LOL
Thegoonman
She wouldn't of died. Its the fact that it was on the 13th floor and the number 13 is unlucky.

If you insist.
It's just that anything over 10 sounds positively deathly when we're talking about number of floors to fall from a building ...

(Not that I'm in any way trying to suggest that 13 is not unlucky! :biggrin: )
Nope
Reply 38
fightoffyourdemons!
Very superstitious writing on the wall.

Oh yeah
Reply 39
Yessss. I try and avoid the no.13, I wont walk over three drains in a row, I touch wood, avoid ladders, throw salt over my shoulder, wont put new shoes on a table, (baad when I have to pay for them! I always try and hand them to the sales person) I cross my fingers when I see a funeral car, I wont pick up a knife Ive dropped... The list goes on. Now Ive typed them out, I understand how stupid they look. I think most of it is habit really. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending