The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Oh! And I clap three times after I, or someone else sneezes. I dont think that is really supersition though, I picked it up off a housemate. :biggrin:
When I used to play roulette I'd play certain numbers thinking they'd hit, and sometimes they did.
Reply 42
lol i've been forbidden from celebrating halloween in any shape or form this year. Lol apparently its secretly the devils birthday...so fright nights off :frown: thanks mum(Y)

Im not really a superstitious person tbh...although I don't like the number 13 much...nor do I walk under ladders XD
Reply 43
Not a bit. Don't believe in luck, good or bad.
Or fate really :smile:
Reply 44
Bexxxx
Yessss. I try and avoid the no.13, I wont walk over three drains in a row, I touch wood, avoid ladders, throw salt over my shoulder, wont put new shoes on a table, (baad when I have to pay for them! I always try and hand them to the sales person) I cross my fingers when I see a funeral car, I wont pick up a knife Ive dropped... The list goes on. Now Ive typed them out, I understand how stupid they look. I think most of it is habit really. :smile:

Yep a lot is just habit, and when I think about that (unless I'm at uni and need all the luck I can get!), I feel mentally strong enough to be able to push myself to do something 13 times without worrying about it.

Lol how bad did that sound!

But the good thing is at least I'm the same with manners, e.g. holding the door open (even for guys! Must stop that :rolleyes: :biggrin: ), please and thank you etc etc.
Reply 45
Ate Mum
lol i've been forbidden from celebrating halloween in any shape or form this year. Lol apparently its secretly the devils birthday...so fright nights off :frown: thanks mum(Y)

Im not really a superstitious person tbh...although I don't like the number 13 much...nor do I walk under ladders XD

That's really interesting.

I don't see how that could be true though, like I'm pretty Christian in my beliefs (Sunday school until I was 16 :o: ) and my teacher never mentioned it :confused:
You are much more likely to be injured walking around ladders/scaffolding than walking under them.

Latest

Trending

Trending