The Student Room Group

Questions about graduate entry medicine (4 year or 5 year)

Hi guys! I have two questions regarding graduate entry to medicine and was wondering if some of you could share your experiences please.

1) Are there any universities that require you to have finished your degree when you apply or are most happy with a predicted degree class and student applying after their second year? Most of the ones I looked at seem to be the latter but just wondering if there are any in particular that you know of that want the completed degree.

2) Regarding A levels, I know some universities ask graduates for A levels and some don't. Now my worry is, the ones that do ask, is that just a background minimum requirement or will it form part of their selection criteria? Eg, if two people both have a first or both have a 2:1 and one has AAB and one has ABC, does the first one automatically get preference,all other application aspects being almost equal?

Also, some unis say if you haven't got chemistry up to A level, they will consider your chemistry/biochem modules at uni, is this also a very risky thing to do? asking the uni to consider your uni modules if they offer the opportunity. Like would it just be easier for them to pick the graduate who has the A level chemistry rather than spend time looking at someone's degree modules?

Sorry for the long post, I would appreciate some thoughts and opinions on all this! ;-)

Latest

Trending

Trending