The Student Room Group
I remember having that when I was very tired. Have you been getting enough sleep?
Reply 2
toblerone93
I remember having that when I was very tired. Have you been getting enough sleep?

Umm last night i was up pretty late, but then again i had the problem yesterday aswell :/
But i think i might get an early night to night incase your right.
Have you been erm...playing with your john thomas by any chance? Or someone else's pehaps?
Reply 4
eye strain from too much computer/tv use?
Reply 5
machiavelli123
Have you been erm...playing with your john thomas by any chance? Or someone else's pehaps?

john thomas ? :/
Reply 6
Thegoonman
eye strain from too much computer/tv use?

OMG.!! yea yea i think you've got it

I spend 8 hours staring a computer screen in work haha.. any idea how to reduce the aching. ? and no wearing sunglasses in work isnt an option :P
Reply 7
no sunglasses will make it worse. The only things you can do are drink water, stop using computers and sleep.
Reply 8
Thegoonman
no sunglasses will make it worse. The only things you can do are drink water, stop using computers and sleep.

Your a star..
Tah i hope your right :smile:
if you are going for a swim by any chance in the sea... open your eyes underwater.. because salty water cleans your eyes.. and try staying away from your computer for a while
Reply 10
Maintaining well-lit areas when focusing on small text or breaks every now and again whilst working at a computer screen should sort you out.
Reply 11
Take hourly breaks, not 1 minute breaks, but 15 minute ones. Get some more sleep.
It could be tiredness/eye strain as the others have suggested, but your eyes could also be dry.
Try optrex and see if you notice any difference?
Victoriya
OMG.!! yea yea i think you've got it

I spend 8 hours staring a computer screen in work haha.. any idea how to reduce the aching. ? and no wearing sunglasses in work isnt an option :P

I get this whenever I overcook it on the computer.

Just remember the 20/20/20 rule. Look at something 20 feet away (or shut your eyes and move them around - or do eye excercises - lots of good ones on Google), for 20 seconds, every 20 minutes. It doesnt hurt to get up every hour and have a drink of water and a stretch too - it may seem like a waste of time but towards the end of the day you'll feel healthier and more productive.

Not to mention - the eye ache is your eyes saying "this is too much"

If it still doesnt get better after trying this - see your optician.
Reply 14
Probably muscle fatigue from tired eyes. Try warm compresses on the closed eyes for 5 to 10 minutes along with gently massaging the closed eyes.

Latest