The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

How much can you expect to pay for your degree?

On behalf of a friend who doesn't have TSR:

If you were to do an undergrad BSc or BA degree with the Open University, how much could you expect to pay for the whole course?

The "what you can expect to pay" page suggests about £4.5k for the whole course (psychology) but does anyone have a better idea of the average course cost? Or even better, the cost of an Education degree?

That's for all the course materials and everything, not the cost of living etc.

Pick the courses you want to do, then add up the price.

Its not that hard. Even doing it roughly.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
It depends on the modules you choose, they tend to have different costs.

For the modules I've chosen for my degree - BSc IT & Computing (Hons) - I just worked out it would cost £4555 (+ the costs of another 30 point module as I've transferred over credit from past study) without any financial support.

Look through the info page about the degree you're interested in and just add up the costs of the modules you'd choose.
Ah ok, when I was looking I couldn't find the prices. Evidently a technofail on my part :rolleyes:

Kate.
It depends on the modules you choose, they tend to have different costs.

For the modules I've chosen for my degree - BSc IT & Computing (Hons) - I just worked out it would cost £4555 (+ the costs of another 30 point module as I've transferred over credit from past study) without any financial support.

Look through the info page about the degree you're interested in and just add up the costs of the modules you'd choose.

So are there any hidden costs? Or is the price they give you the price for everything you need to complete the module?

Also, can you do more than one module at once, or would it be better to do one after another?
Reply 5
emmielociraptor
So are there any hidden costs? Or is the price they give you the price for everything you need to complete the module?

Also, can you do more than one module at once, or would it be better to do one after another?

Nope, there's just the costs of the modules, and there's lots of financial help, too. I'll only have to pay about £200 for my entire degree as long as I carry on earning about the same amount, I think.

You can study up to 120 credits in a year (possibly more if you can persuade them, but it's not really recommended) which is what you'd study if you were full time at a brick university. I'm currently doing two 30 point level 1 courses, and will start a third (30 points, level 2) in February, and after that will always be studying 2 or 3 at the same time as long as I continue managing okay with the workload. It's up to you how you organise your modules, really.

Latest

Trending

Trending