The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Everyone will have their own opinion on what is a good university. I would suggest looking on the websites for each uni to see if you can find any specifications about their course and how the course is laid out. If you can, go and look round the uni as this may give you a good idea if you will be happy there. you're spending 4 years of your life there, so its important to feel comfortable.

Have a look at the last two years of the degree programme as this will tell you if the course is more clinically or scientifically based. Universities such as Liverpool (LJMU) and Preston (UCLan) get you doing practice and clinical work early on. However, some universities like Nottingham are not well known for their clinical aspect.

Having predicted grades of ABB should be okay for most of the Schools of Pharmacy. However, make sure you check their websites to see what their normal offers are as the grade requirements have been increasing over the past few years.
Have a look on UCAS. Most unis offer ABB, higher unis (like Bath) offer AAB, some (like DMU, Postsmouth etc) offer BBB

Any variety of the above would be suitable for you. You have good scope for achieveing.

Last year i got CCD AS levels and I got predicted ACC (don't ask how I got predicted an A for a subject I got a C in :s-smilie:)

Its personal preference really, No-one can tell you what is good or not as, like TigerSwift said, everyones opinion on a good university is different. Look online, order a few prospectus' and go to open days if pposs to hel with your decision. I would be quick though, You need to apply quickish to pharmacy, not wait until the deadline if poss

Good luck!
Reply 3
FurryApricote
Hiii everyone!!

Im so baffled about making my 5 choices for Uni to study Pharmacy... :frown:

My AS grades are BBC.. so predicted grades are most likely to be ABB/AAB?

Can anyone suggest a few good Uni's that i should apply for.. :unsure:

Thankkss <3

If you are confident on getting the B in A2 Chem, then the ones I recommend as good choices, are Brighton, Portsmouth and Reading.
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice everyone! =] I think i really have to think about where i wanna spend the next 4 years of my life x_x
Reply 5
Loz17
Have a look on UCAS. Most unis offer ABB, higher unis (like Bath) offer AAB, some (like DMU, Postsmouth etc) offer BBB

Any variety of the above would be suitable for you. You have good scope for achieveing.

Last year i got CCD AS levels and I got predicted ACC (don't ask how I got predicted an A for a subject I got a C in :s-smilie:)

Its personal preference really, No-one can tell you what is good or not as, like TigerSwift said, everyones opinion on a good university is different. Look online, order a few prospectus' and go to open days if pposs to hel with your decision. I would be quick though, You need to apply quickish to pharmacy, not wait until the deadline if poss

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice :smile:
what subject did you get predicted an A in?
FurryApricote
Thanks for the advice :smile:
what subject did you get predicted an A in?

Biology, although I did end up with a C in the end, in process of boosting it atm
Reply 7
Loz17
Biology, although I did end up with a C in the end, in process of boosting it atm

Good luck & work hard! :smile:

I got an A for bio last yer but my coursework was a U
lol :/
FurryApricote
Good luck & work hard! :smile:

I got an A for bio last yer but my coursework was a U
lol :/

A overall with a U in coursework? :eek: omg did you like get 100% in the papers then?

And thank you :smile:

Good luck to you too.
Reply 9
Loz17
A overall with a U in coursework? :eek: omg did you like get 100% in the papers then?

And thank you :smile:

Good luck to you too.

Haha no my overall was a B :frown: suckkksss
All that hard work for an A!!
FurryApricote
Haha no my overall was a B :frown: suckkksss
All that hard work for an A!!

You can always easily bring that up :smile:

If you have any problems with c/w, I can help. I got A's in my AS and A2 courswork.
Reply 11
Loz17
You can always easily bring that up :smile:

If you have any problems with c/w, I can help. I got A's in my AS and A2 courswork.

Thank youu :smile:
And if you need any help with the work or need something explaining dont be affraid to ask ^_^
FurryApricote
Thank youu :smile:
And if you need any help with the work or need something explaining dont be affraid to ask ^_^

Hehe thanks, thats might apply more for chemistry as my biology is a strange module (and old spec)

Latest

Trending

Trending