The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The same way I'll rule my wife. With an iron fist!
Reply 141
I think ill bring them up pretty good as im studying childcare.
Hopes this time goes slow but fast before i have kids, because as soon as i have them, life wont be the same as before ever. So going to get lots of experience for myself and do things without them and then do stuff again but with them :smile:
Reply 142
I'll probably be as leniant and freedom giving as possible, although try and keep them in line when their young i guess.
I will not be one of these overbearing parents, forcing them to do ridiculous amounts of extra-curricular activities. Instead, I will let them choose whether or not they want to do dancing, music lessons, maths tutoring, Scouts/Guides etc. etc. I would also not put loads of pressure on them to do well academically, although I'd want them to know the importance of a good education. In essence, I'd support them in whatever they wanted to do with their lives, as long as they were passionate about it. I'd rather have happy children than unhappy ones.
Planto
Yeast.

this made me laugh :h:
Reply 145
how i would like to be raised. maybe a bit stricter because i know what i get up to.
that doesnt even make sense but whateverrr.
Humble, Listen and think more than speak, love freedom, and the rest is their choice.
Reply 147
cpj1987
It's entirely possible. They wouldn't have dramatic rent at 16, of course. £100 a month, or so.
II want my future children to be taught responsibility and consequence from a young age, and part of that is being responsible financially.

you can be financially responsible without having to pay rent from the age of 16!

I feel I am very financially responsible, never been in any debt and never had any problems managing money and my parents would never make me pay rent to live with them. I now rent my own place and am not struggling at all and am, i feel, very independent.
evilbethan
No, I'm not a troll.
I think you'll find that if you look at various statistics, you would find that the children at these schools generally (not always, I get that) are more likely to stay on to non-compulsory education, and perhaps get better education. Besides, it's not like I said I was going to ship them off to boarding school. No offence to those who go/went to boarding school. :smile:

Yes yes, that wasn't really what I meant - "the people are better"? :rofl:

The suggestion people who go to private schools are "better" just seemed very troll-esque to me :smile:
Reply 149
I think i would raise my kids ghow my parents raised me, i think both me and my sister have turned out fine. We had just the right amount of freedom and they were always there for us and very encouraging (even if i thought it was pushiness at the time, i see now it wasn't).
Nobody knows how they are going to raise their kids really. All of you with your plans....it'll all change when you have kids. You'll do things you never thought you'd do. All your well thought out plans will fly out of the window.

I raise my kids one day at a time. I deal with each challenge as it comes. That's about as much planning as you can make in regards to raising children.
I'll raise them how I raise them, if I ever have them. I can't say I'll stick to any strict principles but I shall try never to be angry. This is exactly the way I've tried to be with my dogs and it has in the past couple of years worked very well. Obviously dogs and children are not comparable - dogs are much cleaner, friendlier and more loveable.
I am so broody right nao.

Latest

Trending

Trending