The Student Room Group

Boob size,body shape and the contraceptive Pill

hello all! im n00b!! :wavey:

anyway. i noticed, as many women do, that my boobs grew 2 cup sizes whilst on the Pill. i know its to do with all that extra estrogen. but the thing is, the extra estrogen gave me perfect hair, skin, big lips and a good hourglass figure. i have read the effects of extra estrogen plateau off after 9 months. (i was taking it as contraception, not for the estrogen but i did love the effects)

i stopped the pill 6 months ago as i no longer needed it (bf says he feels safer using jonnys) but now i have my old figure back, my D boobs are down to a small B cup.

im sure im not alone in this happening, and im gutted about my boobshrinkage. what did anyone else do about this? have you started hormone therapy? or did you go on a diet?

and hints or help much apprieciated!

jelly x :smile: x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
missjelly

anyway. i noticed, as many women do, that my boobs grew 2 cup sizes whilst on the Pill. i know its to do with all that extra estrogen. but the thing is, the extra estrogen gave me perfect hair, skin, big lips and a good hourglass figure. i have read the effects of extra estrogen plateau off after 9 months. (i was taking it as contraception, not for the estrogen but i did love the effects)

i stopped the pill 6 months ago as i no longer needed it (bf says he feels safer using jonnys) but now i have my old figure back, my D boobs are down to a small B cup.

im sure im not alone in this happening, and im gutted about my boobshrinkage. what did anyone else do about this? have you started hormone therapy? or did you go on a diet?

go back on the pill! i've been on it since i was 13, so roughly 6 years...i'm not really sure if i wouldn't be a D cup had i not been on it, but i didn't start off taking it for contraception so even if u don't need it for that reason you could stay on it!

plus jonnys aren't as effective so you'd be extra safe!
Reply 2
no my bf says he likes john because he knows he's wearing one, and we can see if it is ripped. he says he doesnt know if i have forgotten to take it (has happened a few times)

and im a bit hippie and have gone all herbal so i dont want to use chemiclas in my body - the pill apparantly can increase risk of boob cancer. although im happy with small healthy pill free boobs, i am so depressed at how suddenly they have shrunk. in fact they are worse than before cos going from a D to a B, i have nasty streach marks. my boobs look like empty carrier bags. i have even considered surgery but my wallet and parents say no.
i know i cant be alone in this, what (herbal) tips has anyone else done to make they big again?
missjelly
no my bf says he likes john because he knows he's wearing one, and we can see if it is ripped. he says he doesnt know if i have forgotten to take it (has happened a few times)

and im a bit hippie and have gone all herbal so i dont want to use chemiclas in my body - the pill apparantly can increase risk of boob cancer. although im happy with small healthy pill free boobs, i am so depressed at how suddenly they have shrunk. in fact they are worse than before cos going from a D to a B, i have nasty streach marks. my boobs look like empty carrier bags. i have even considered surgery but my wallet and parents say no.
i know i cant be alone in this, what (herbal) tips has anyone else done to make they big again?

Man that sux. Try some of that stretch mark cream they talked about in the stretch mark thread. If you are really that unhappy you could try taking both the pill and using condoms. Your changes seem kind of extreme so maybe you should talk to a doctor in case your have too little natural hormones or something like that. Btw what type of pill were you using?
Reply 4
yes it sure does!
the stretch marks are more like sag marks- you know, when you lose weight really fast.cos i went from a B to D in a couple months, i got the marks, but now they have sagged back to a B, i have just faint silvery lines. its ok and doesnt bother me too much.

i was on logynon, then microgynon then cilest. but i think anyone taking the pill who notice a massive bust increase will have shrinkage once hormone levels go back to normal. i dont think i have a hormonal prob, its just that naturally my body is a B cup. its just my boobs are all saggy and droopy now, as they have shrunk back so rpidly.

i dont want to take any hormones as i think its bad, but i want to know what you guys do if this happens to you?

any herbs that can help?
Sounds like a headline for 'The Sun'.
Reply 6
missjelly

ooo... 2 cup sizes, eh??? interesting..., very interesting... :p:
so... what make is this wonder pill? (which one worked best out of those you used) :wink: I've already got stretch marks, so a few more or less, who cares... 2 cup sizes?! :biggrin:
Reply 7
is that alot then? i thought everyone grew bigger on the pill?
i was 8 st 5 and 34B at the start, 8st 8 and 34D, sometimes a DD if i was menstruating when on the pill after taking it for about 6-9 months, and then when i stopped taking it, 6 months later im a B again.

it was cilest. but i think it depends how your body reacts- one of my relatives went from a C to a whopping H after having 5 kids.. so perhaps im genetically predisposed to massive and rapid bust growth with a slightest change in hormones. i dont know.
missjelly
i was 8 st 5 and 34B at the start, 8st 8 and 34D, sometimes a DD if i was menstruating when on the pill after taking it for about 6-9 months, and then when i stopped taking it, 6 months later im a B again.

it was cilest. but i think it depends how your body reacts- my mom went from a 36C to a whopping 38H yes *38H* after having all us 5 kids.but she also over doubled her body weight which is never good. so perhaps im genetically predisposed to massive and rapid bust growth with a slightest change in hormones.my gran also was big. i dont know.

Well I never experienced a size change on the pill but everyone is different. Two cup sizes seems excessive though. Do go and discuss it with a doctor as you seem so unhappy.
Reply 9
missjelly

it was cilest. but i think it depends how your body reacts- one of my relatives went from a C to a whopping H after having 5 kids.. so perhaps im genetically predisposed to massive and rapid bust growth with a slightest change in hormones. i dont know.

Well, my friends that are on the pill, most of them didn't have any change at all in breast size, although one ... that was not just breast though, she must have doubled her weight! (ok, wasn't quite that bad, but if you look at before and after photos... :eek: )
Reply 10
omg!!!
i never knew!!! i thought it was NORMAL!!!! come on folks, i have heard rumors the pill makes you busty. someone else must have this also!!!

do you think i have something wrong with me to grow 2 cup sizes on the pill?
i dont mind it, but im just upset now im left with tiny sagging granny boobs now im off of it.

should i see the doc?
do you think its a hormonal problem? off the pill i noticed an increase in body hair, is this normal also?

i dont want hormone therapy, so im taking Fenugreek extract starting today which is meant to balance the hormones. Dong Quai, Black Cososh, Saw Palmetto, Wild Yam, Fennel all are supposed to do this too. so hopefully i will be ok.

anyway. if it doesnt work im going to go back on the pill to get my boobs back. if it does work, i'll keep you guys posted!
Reply 11
Adarah
Well, my friends that are on the pill, most of them didn't have any change at all in breast size, although one ... that was not just breast though, she must have doubled her weight! (ok, wasn't quite that bad, but if you look at before and after photos... :eek: )

im actually worried now. :frown:
i always thought my breast growth was extra puberty, or the effetcs of the pill and was normal. i thought everyone grew bust on the pill.i gained 2lb roughly. but the fact my breasts grew, and nothing else suggests its a hormonal effect. i was a nice busty, hourglass shape on the pill now im a sort of pyramid/pear shape.
anyway. i'm going to try this herb. if it doesnt work, im going back on the pill!!!
Reply 12
missjelly
im actually worried now. :frown:
i always thought my breast growth was extra puberty, or the effetcs of the pill and was normal. i thought everyone grew bust on the pill.i gained 2lb roughly. but the fact my breasts grew, and nothing else suggests its a hormonal effect. i was a nice busty, hourglass shape on the pill now im a sort of pyramid/pear shape.
anyway. i'm going to try this herb. if it doesnt work, im going back on the pill!!!

Well, they might all be on a different pill than the one you were on. Plus the pill affects people in different ways I guess, you're lucky that it gave you a great figure, if I were you, I'd think I'd go on it again :wink: (but I'm not a doctor, better talk to your doctor really about what to do)
Adarah
Well, they might all be on a different pill than the one you were on. Plus the pill affects people in different ways I guess, you're lucky that it gave you a great figure, if I were you, I'd think I'd go on it again :wink: (but I'm not a doctor, better talk to your doctor really about what to do)

I totally agree! Everyone is different and different pills do different things so don't worry! But seriously talk to your doctor s/he might be able to fix your problems or a least reassure you.
it is normal for boobs to grow if you take the pill. Mine did but i duno if that was just natural they were a d now an e so? maybe.....i dont think theres anything wrong with it cus it says weight changes in the book so surely that includes boob size!
mine havnt changed at all! i'm stuck at a b forever! grrr
Reply 16
Shelbycakes
mine havnt changed at all! i'm stuck at a b forever! grrr

plastic surgery? :rolleyes:
No, really, I'd never get any silicone implants, those things can go so wrong and it can't be healthy really, I mean the whole concept ... :puke:
dont moan atleast u can wear like any tops, mine r an e and i cant wear like backless tops, tho i still do :smile: hehe
Reply 18
missjelly

there is some evidence to show the pill can increase breast cancer - though also there is a higher early detection rate because women on teh pill are checked more regularly - but there is also evidence that it DECREASES the risk of cervial cancer.

If you don't want to put chemicals in your body then why are you contemplating hormone therapy? that is basically the same as the pill!

Exercise your pectoral muscles - this increases the muscles beneath the breasts so will make them perter!

Above all else, learn to love yourself! i have A cup boobs and am very very happy with them. If you appreciate yourself, then others will too :smile:
Reply 19
I'm on cilest, have been for just over a year and nothing really changed. My boobs are slightly bigger but I thought that was more to do with my eating habits getting better. I didn't put any weight on with them, it anything I lost a little.
You should check out Holland and Barretts. they supply vitamins, minerals and food supplements. All natural stuff and generaly the staff will be trained to talk you through what you're buying and which is the best for you. Might help...http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/

Latest

Trending

Trending