The Student Room Group

ID issues Need help!

Hay you see the thing is that i'm 16 and there seems like a really big push with under age buying/selling in my area at the moment, it really sucks :/
Ok so yesterday i went to trade in a game that was age 15 and i'm 16 i've been served int he same shop for 16's before so i thought it'd be cool!
So low and behold i get knocked back because i don't have ID :mad: I showed him my rugby membership and he just laughed at me...
So i was wondering is there any way of getting a piece of ID that won't get me laughed at (Short of fake id of course)
Thanks, call :yep:
Reply 1
Provisional driving licence would be best, failing that a card with the PASS hologram (Citizenship cards etc).
you cant get a provisional driving licence until 3 months before you're 17 birthday but it is quite expensive to get unless you plan on actually using it later to learn to drive

that said it will serve you well as ID for a long time

aside fro mthat a citizen card should be ok, or a passport
Get a citizencard if you don't already own a passport, its cheaper to get one of these, its about £10. They have the pass logo on them making them valid ID
Reply 4
Citizens card. Its about a tenner. Put yourself in their position. Huge fines if caught selling to underage kids. Honestly, how can you tell the difference between someone who may be 15 years and 10 months old and someone who has just turned 16 a few days ago. You can't.
Reply 5
Good point but i will be getting a citizens card when i'm 18 because it has a sticker that says 18+ and i don't really want to be spending £20 now and £20 in about 15 months unless i have to :/
Some schools give you Age Check cards - they count as proof of ID

Latest

Trending

Trending