The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What pro club?

Can't you be on schoolboy terms still? XD
You got a professional contract? That's trollific news.
Reply 3
What would you rather do?

Are you definitely going to make it professionally?
First team football regularly?

Take everything into account and make a decision.
Reply 4
What club, what position, how good are you, will you play? Sorry about all the questions but you're living mine and millions of other peoples dream lol.
Reply 5
I reckon it is Southampton.
Reply 6
You should speak to the club about your wish to study your A Levels. They may be able to arrange a tutor or something for you I doubt you'll be able to study at college, cause they'll need you in for a couple of hours most days. Both of my brother were offered professional contracts at 16 so I have some understanding of how it works. If I remember correctly they HAD to study for some form of qualification (though it wasn't A Levels!). Good on you for wanting to do your A Levels ... it's good to have something to fall back on as so many very talented kids are offered contracts and then released within a couple of years, thats just the way football is, it's ultimately down to the first team managers choice whether he keeps you on or not :frown: One of my brothers is quite smart and could have gone onto do A Levels but he moved to London for football (Palace) and lost that chance. Good luck though, you're in a very fortunate position, don't do something silly like turn the contract down :no:
CombineHarvester
You got a professional contract? That's trollific news.

I agree.
Reply 8
It's a troll.

If he's mulling over whether he should do A-levels that must mean he's 16 years old. You can't get a pro contract at that age.
Reply 9
i reckon its manchester united
i reckon its luton town
Reply 11
It could be MK Dons.
independant school you say?

It's Crystal Palace
Reply 13
NFL
It could be MK Dons.

What makes you think that :p:?
Reply 14
Small123
What makes you think that :p:?

I don't know. :biggrin:

I hate your sig.

I'm always wrong. :frown:
Reply 15
cfc1992
What pro club?

Can't you be on schoolboy terms still? XD

I am just in Under 16s...but I am at a London club at moment...If for any reason I dont get a contract (unlikely as I am playing up two years for a while now)..there is another club that has offered me a contract..but the sticky point is they would prefer I do their BTEC in Sports/coaching...inhouse...but I want to do A Levels
Reply 16
TOPKID
I am just in Under 16s...but I am at a London club at moment...If for any reason I dont get a contract (unlikely as I am playing up two years for a while now)..there is another club that has offered me a contract..but the sticky point is they would prefer I do their BTEC in Sports/coaching...inhouse...but I want to do A Levels

Don't either club have some sort of a college system?
Reply 17
its definitely antigua girls blind school u11's
Reply 18
Thanks for your reply! You obviously know what u are talking about!!:o: As I mentioned in an earlier email...IWANT TO STAY AND DO ALEVELS Instead of the Vocational Qualification on offer - BTEC/FIRST DIPLOMA..... I have hinted the club, but it seems if they cant sort it..my parents will just have to keep forking out the fees until I finish my A levels..or I'll look for a way I can get some of the fees out of the club....for those that really want to know!!
-Yep I am at an independent school
- I am a full back
- Ive been at two different pro clubs from age 8 up to now.
- Originally left footed..but can use both feet..
- At age 13 played with 16 yr olds.
- By the way, any footballer can play in 1st team in pro club from age 15...and can be committed to a club at 16 on paper but will not be paid until 17th birthday..thats when he signs pro contract papers..:o:
Reply 19
cfc1992
Don't either club have some sort of a college system?
..club system is linked to a local college to do First diploma/btec in Sports & exercise coaching....it is equivalent to 2 Alevels..but not enough..... If I do 3 AS Levels and the 3 Alevels 2nd year around how many hours per day would my lectures be roughly.....I have spoken to my current school..but high unlikely I will be there for Alevels..will stay on at another school which run a shorter day...

Latest

Trending

Trending