The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Working class is the people who work like dogs and don't get half of what they deserve, middle class are like doctors, professors, teachers etc. As for upperclass... well, they just get richer and richer...
Reply 2
A heightened sense of smell. :top2:
Reply 3
Many things.
Reply 4
Attitude, upbringing, mindset, values.
Reply 5
I can never understand what class i am? My parents earn between them 25k a year. House worth about 150k. relatively poor area. What class would that be/
Reply 6
Occupation and attitude really. Someone who thinks they are working class can't be middle class really, but the other way around can happen.
Reply 7
Also Whats the big deal? what difference does it make? Im just entirely curious tbh.
Reply 8
Stokie
I can never understand what class i am? My parents earn between them 25k a year. House worth about 150k. relatively poor area. What class would that be/

working class
MoonwalkBaby
Working class is the people who work like dogs and don't get half of what they deserve, middle class are like doctors, professors, teachers etc. As for upperclass... well, they just get richer and richer...

you seem to be forgetting a massive section of people in between... what about an IT worker? a policeman? a small business? a local grocers?

Teachers and doctors are leagues apart in terms of wealth, social status, perks etc etc. How can teachers and doctors be part of the same class?

Social class in a modern age in contemporary britain is whatever the individuals mindset and levels of content choses to be.
Reply 10
'Class' is becoming more converget. I can hardly differentiate between different classes in the norm of people, even with living in the city and all. One will have to put a lot of effort in in order to display their class.
Reply 11
Doyle&TheFourFathers
you seem to be forgetting a massive section of people in between... what about an IT worker? a policeman? a small business? a local grocers?

Teachers and doctors are leagues apart in terms of wealth, social status, perks etc etc. How can teachers and doctors be part of the same class?

Social class in a modern age in contemporary britain is whatever the individuals mindset and levels of content choses to be.

There is upper middle class and lower middle class to separate the two.
Tefhel
There is upper middle class and lower middle class to separate the two.

What are you basing that on? Its almost as if you're erecting social barriers for the sake of it...

The reality is, not a great deal actually seperates the two.
Reply 13
differences in dick size.
Isn't middle class that you are able to make an investment and suffer financially in the short term to gain in the long term.
Reply 15
i think "class" can be said to be more of an attitude than based on spending power/salary.

I love how the sponsored advert next to this thread is "mini boden" at least the ad men are doing their job properly :P
MoonwalkBaby

:rolleyes:
Self-identification, that's all.

I have no general class. I am in a class of my own. :wink:
Middle class are poofs
Reply 19
Doyle&TheFourFathers
What are you basing that on? Its almost as if you're erecting social barriers for the sake of it...

The reality is, not a great deal actually seperates the two.

Huh? No, I didn't just make that up, that's what the classes actually are - there is Upper middle class and Lower middle class - Upper middle being defined as households with professionals with a high degree of education and income usually over around £75,000, Lower middle being defined as semi-professionals on around £30,000 to £50,000.

Everyone who is middle class probably has the same broad traits, attitudes etc. Then they are seperated into upper and lower purely on income/occupation.

Latest

Trending

Trending