The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Our teacher taught us "Les Mains Sales"...oh what joy we felt when we opened the paper to discover there was no question on it, because it isnt on the syllabus until 2006. Oh how we laughed...and cried...and cursed EDEXCEL
Reply 21
yeah i thought that went alright...
For the France sous l'occupation one i did (i think it was part b) the one about people carrying on with their normal lives
...and for Sac de Billes i did the question on the development of Jo over the course of the story (again, i think it was part b)
Reply 22
we were told there was no word limit.... :confused:
it was soooo hot in the exam centre today and wearing a heavy uniform doesn't help...
Reply 23
i got so annoyed in the exam today...because it was a hot day, they had all the windows/doors open, which is all dandy by me, except there happened to be like 30 guys playing football outside, screaming and shouting football-y things. grr.
Reply 24
muffin
yeah i thought that went alright...
For the France sous l'occupation one i did (i think it was part b) the one about people carrying on with their normal lives
...and for Sac de Billes i did the question on the development of Jo over the course of the story (again, i think it was part b)

Yes both were part (b)! I did the exact same questions as you. I didn't mind either of the Sac de Billes questions, but the first one about the Occupation (the one about describing a key person involved in the french resistance) seemed a lot harder. My teacher told me afterwards, that learning the biography of someone wasn't even in the syllabus, only a general knowledge of people. I don't think anyone in my school did part (a) of the occupation! Generally, i thought the paper could have been a lot worse, so i'm quite pleased!
Reply 25
caz_syrett
Our teacher taught us "Les Mains Sales"...oh what joy we felt when we opened the paper to discover there was no question on it, because it isnt on the syllabus until 2006. Oh how we laughed...and cried...and cursed EDEXCEL
:eek: that's bad! what did you do then for the second question!?
Reply 26
tash087
Yes both were part (b)! I did the exact same questions as you. I didn't mind either of the Sac de Billes questions, but the first one about the Occupation (the one about describing a key person involved in the french resistance) seemed a lot harder. My teacher told me afterwards, that learning the biography of someone wasn't even in the syllabus, only a general knowledge of people. I don't think anyone in my school did part (a) of the occupation! Generally, i thought the paper could have been a lot worse, so i'm quite pleased!

Well, we were told about it but I didn't bother with it...the only specifics I learnt about the resistance were just the names of a few famous people and the networks they belonged to (eg. Jean Moulin, CNR) and I knew that if i revised all the other bits, i wouldn't need to know all that. which i didnt.
I did actually hear of a few people who did part A because their class were asked to do presentations on important people in the war, etc etc. so it wasn't so hard for them to remember details.
Reply 27
i did the first l'avare question and i'd also prepared the 'regoin de france' section so i did the question on industry, with my region being paris and the surrounding area. think paris went better than l'avare although before hand i thought it would be the other way round.
two more days of exams (fri and tue) i'm on the countdown to my holidays now!
jjr14
Reply 28
Oh well we rang the exam board and we had to do both questions on the education topic! Which was awful...I would no way have answered the ZEP question otherwise...! Someone will pay for this :P
Reply 29
those lit papers are really silly. why don't you ask your teachers to let you do the coursework on aqa? it's infinitely easier.
Reply 30
My centre has had bad experience with coursework in the past! I wish I had done the coursework..but..cant do anything about it now!
Reply 31
we didnt get a choice to do coursework... i didnt actually know it was an option til somewhere quite far through the year... instead we were just told we would study two books... ah well.
Reply 32
Fair enough. But to my mind, I can't see a good reason not to go for coursework, apart from teachers being too busy (/lazy) to mark it. How can centres have bad experience with coursework? Not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean the exam board didn't seem to act reasonably in their marking or what?
Reply 33
I think the bad experience, was that when the essays were moderated the grades went down. With A Level coursework (for languages) I have found that it is as much about statistics and facts as it is about the language. You need to have the right balance of narrative, analysis and fantastic vocabulary, which is quite difficult to do. I did it for German and I thought it was much more worthwhile than the essay paper in french. Gave you quite a good scope for the oral exam too

Latest

Trending

Trending